I-130 reaffirmed

This is pretty normal, even on reaffirmed cases. Consulates always play "where's the ex" games. I always address that issue up front.

Consulates do background checks on petitioners -- just like credit agencies. They check addresses, accounts, vehicles,

drivers' licenses, etc. Somewhere, there may be something showing P & his ex-wife still sharing something.

To return the petition consulates have to find something USCIS did not know about & that something must have

been important enough for USCIS to deny the petition.

Honestly, the where's the ex issue should have been taken care of on the first filing.

Any petitioner who doesn't address it is a sitting duck.

But you can probably still get this visa approved if you just give 'em the information they want.

Hi Mark;

Why having still contacts with the ex is deemed to be a non bonafide marriage ??? A lot of couples who have non nasty divorce still be congenial toward each other. Especially ,if the previous marriage was lasted a long time or there are children involved ,etc....

Unless there's a reason to indicate that the current marriage is " arranged " somehow for immigration benefit, be otherwise , why would that be a non bonafide marriage?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mark;

Why having still contacts with the ex is deemed to be a non bonafide marriage ??? A lot of couples who have non nasty divorce still be congenial toward each other. Especially ,if the previous marriage was lasted a long time or there are children involved ,etc....

Unless there's a reason to indicate that the current marriage is " arranged " somehow for immigration benefit, be otherwise , why would that be a non bonafide marriage?

Consulates don't take a lot of time to investigate things that pop up on their background checks.

They use it as a pretext to refuse a visa and send a case back. That is basically what their bosses

demand of them. Yeah, ideally, they'd ask about it. But they rarely do. Yeah, it's none of their business.

But that won't get your spouse to America.

Petitioners still sharing assets or debts with their ex-spouses -- need to explain it up front. That's all.

Petitioners shouldn't expect the consulate to dig around to learn what he or she already knows.

The petitioner should explain it to them - and preferably to USCIS - in advance.

Consulates don't take a lot of time to investigate things that pop up on their background checks.

They use it as a pretext to refuse a visa and send a case back. That is basically what their bosses

demand of them. Yeah, ideally, they'd ask about it. But they rarely do. Yeah, it's none of their business.

But that won't get your spouse to America.

Petitioners still sharing assets or debts with their ex-spouses -- need to explain it up front. That's all.

Petitioners shouldn't expect the consulate to dig around to learn what he or she already knows.

The petitioner should explain it to them - and preferably to USCIS - in advance.

Thanks. How about joint custody children ,pets,etc... that are already spelled out clearly in the divorce/separation agreement . Shall this be re-mentioned too ?

Thanks. How about joint custody children ,pets,etc... that are already spelled out clearly in the divorce/separation agreement . Shall this be re-mentioned too ?

Note that only the divorce decree is required to file and it will not include such things. Including the divorce/separation agreement in those cases may be helpful but it may be easiest to explain these things in the EOR letter.

Marc, correct me if you think this is the wrong approach: I'm thinking that explanations for those things could perhaps be within the Evolution of Relationship document. Nothing draw out just a "ex and I have duel custody", "not all assests have been resolved", etc..

I'm of the belief that the EOL is a very important document.

Your thoughts?

Sounds like GZ is determined to make your case difficult. If I were you I think I would get a lawyer well versed on the issue of NOIR. You may not get another chance. The good news is it's a blue slip so you have another swing at bat. Whether or not it is legal to give them your ex's SSN is irrelevant. They asked for something you need to give it to them. In the sage words of our dear leader Don

I tried contacting Marc Ellis by email 2 times but never got a reply .Just figured he was not interested in my case.

I will gather requested information when I get back to USA on the 22 of August.If I had the info here,I would take it to Guangzhou,but I do not. If there is anything else that I should address,I would like to know.Any more info on issues to address would be kindly appreciated.

Thank you for all the input I got,

God Bless

kemlsx

I tried contacting Marc Ellis by email 2 times but never got a reply .Just figured he was not interested in my case.

I will gather requested information when I get back to USA on the 22 of August.If I had the info here,I would take it to Guangzhou,but I do not. If there is anything else that I should address,I would like to know.Any more info on issues to address would be kindly appreciated.

Thank you for all the input I got,

God Bless

kemlsx

Buddy, I know you are hurting right now. A lot of us are pulling for you in this. Be thankful that if you got a blue slip that they are at least telling you what they want, some of us in the similar situation never got asked for anything, and they certainly wouldn't take anything offered to prove our innocence.

Yes, this seems goofy to ask for "ex" documents, but it is what THEY do often times. My wife had all the things requested of your woman with her at her interview, should she get asked for them, and I sent in the same things on my new application, as well as a letter which explained the marriage and divorce to my ex.

Hang in there man, go home and get the info, write your explaination, and get it back to your woman. It sucks to lose this time to gather the documents, but you can pull this out of the fire.

Marc is a good guy, I'm certain he's not dissing you. He is very busy, and who knows, he could be on vacation, or off on one of his personal pursuits in his non-business life. Don't give up on him, a ChInese woman just sang his praises on 001 yesterday on his help to her.

Just know, you are not alone in this. Keep your chin up, you will prevail....it is all a progression. They can delay, or even deny you guys, but they can't break your spirit.

Good luck, I am very happy that they had the decency to at least tell you what they want.

tsap seui

I don't dare tell the damned DOS that I am still friends with both of my ex's and that my most current ex was more than happy to give me anything I needed to help get my Chinese wife over here....she even offered to write a supporting document showing her knowledge of my Chinese wife and I's bona fide relationship. :lol:

I sent in a color copy of my ex's drivers license, her SS number, her phone number, a copy of her electric bill, a copy of her water bill, and a copy of her mortgage payment.

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Denied: Too close of a relationship with your ex ;)

:lol: Too funny Lee....and my very thoughts. Damned if you don't send or produce the ex information, maybe damned if'n you preload it. :lol:

The ex got a big laugh when I told her that a letter of understanding the bona fide relationship of my wife and I might not be the best thing to do, and send to these guys. :D

Good luck with your case.

tsap seui

You never know what they are going to do. A few years ago one member reported that they showed up at his sweet heart's house wanting to search it. They were looking for evidence that her ex lived there.

• 2 months later...