chinese travelling to Virgin Islands no visa?

Don't bother with a Canadian transit visa. We did that simply because she had a connection in Vancouver and it was a pain in the ass for her. Basically you have to go through the ENTIRE process for a visitor visa, same forms, documentation, interview, you just don't pay a fee. Its pretty much the same process as the US B visa. All that for a 2 hr connection.

It seems that Korea and Japan have fairly easy transit requirements for transiting Chinese. I think Japan is visa waived but they do have the right to hold you and make you apply on the spot <_<

I don't know if UK visas are any easier for the Chinese. I wanted to try and get her to meet me at my timeshare in the Cayman Islands but we saw a UK visa would be required and would have the transit the U.S. anyway probably... so too much hassle.

Edited by Lee VD (see edit history)

Don't bother with a Canadian transit visa. We did that simply because she had a connection in Vancouver and it was a pain in the ass for her. Basically you have to go through the ENTIRE process for a visitor visa, same forms, documentation, interview, you just don't pay a fee. Its pretty much the same process as the US B visa. All that for a 2 hr connection.

It seems that Korea and Japan have fairly easy transit requirements for transiting Chinese. I think Japan is visa waived but they do have the right to hold you and make you apply on the spot <_<

I don't know if UK visas are any easier for the Chinese. I wanted to try and get her to meet me at my timeshare in the Cayman Islands but we saw a UK visa would be required and would have the transit the U.S. anyway probably... so too much hassle.

Japan and Korea are not problems because you don't leave the airport, you can TWOV there. However if you wish to visit Japan or Korea before traveling on, you will need a visa.

Ok so I mentioned my backup plan if she cant get a tourist visa to the US is for us to try and go to a carribean island. After researching it seems the US virgin islands dont require a chinese visa. I got on their website it just basically says in one sentence that chinese dont need a visa, just a passport.

It just doesnt sound right to me. If the US is so strict and even the other carribean islands are strict why would the US virgin islands be so easy? I also cant seem to find any contact information to call or ask about it? If anyone can find contact information for their offices I would be very grateful. B)

I thought you wanted to get a tourist visa to bring her to the US and meet family/friends plus see what the US is like. How is the trip to US Virgin Islands a "back-up plan" (unless you plan to have family go there too).

If you want to just take a vacation with her you can go to Bali, Maldives, Singapore (visa required-easy), Thailand, Phillipines (visa required-easy). Malaysia (visa-easy), Vietnam (visa required-easy). These are just the places off the top of my head near China because we have been to these places for vacation.

There are more places. Also it is not so difficult to get your wife a tourist visa to EUR (even though your a USA citizen) but if only your gf then she needs to prove strong ties. Bottom line -- the most difficult place to bring her for a visit is ... your own country.

Ok so I mentioned my backup plan if she cant get a tourist visa to the US is for us to try and go to a carribean island. After researching it seems the US virgin islands dont require a chinese visa. I got on their website it just basically says in one sentence that chinese dont need a visa, just a passport.

It just doesnt sound right to me. If the US is so strict and even the other carribean islands are strict why would the US virgin islands be so easy? I also cant seem to find any contact information to call or ask about it? If anyone can find contact information for their offices I would be very grateful. B)

I thought you wanted to get a tourist visa to bring her to the US and meet family/friends plus see what the US is like. How is the trip to US Virgin Islands a "back-up plan" (unless you plan to have family go there too).

If you want to just take a vacation with her you can go to Bali, Maldives, Singapore (visa required-easy), Thailand, Phillipines (visa required-easy). Malaysia (visa-easy), Vietnam (visa required-easy). These are just the places off the top of my head near China because we have been to these places for vacation.

There are more places. Also it is not so difficult to get your wife a tourist visa to EUR (even though your a USA citizen) but if only your gf then she needs to prove strong ties. Bottom line -- the most difficult place to bring her for a visit is ... your own country.

It was a backup plan because my parents would be willing to travel that far. There is no way I am going to be able to get them to go to China. They said if we could travel near the US they would come to meet her. That plan has been scrapped anyway because it seems to be just as hard to get to any place near the US as it is the US. So if this fails i will just make the trip again to China or somewhere near china where she can go.

Her interview is today so I will find out later if she passed.