Ok just in case.

I was thinking, and I would like to be ready to get married in China and file a k-3 if we need to.

I know it has been covered but I am very bad at sorting threw the posts to find it.

What do I need to take with me.

How do I get the Proof I am single from my local courthouse and who do I see? What department?

What all do I need to take with me so we can get married if we get a white slip.

Robert

I do that in China right? They translating the docs?

Thanks for answering my brain dead questions ...:)

The 4 steps are done here in the USA. You can get the documents translated a couple of blocks down from the civil services building in Nanchang. Translations are cheaper there.

I do that in China right? They translating the docs?

Thanks for answering my brain dead questions ...:P

Or if you want to wait until she is really whited before doing anything on your end you can always opt for a wedding in Hong Kong, much easier paperwork wise. There is a 15 day waiting period after registration before the nuptials can take place however. And if you are really paranoid, you can probably pipeline it by registering before your interview and only go through with the marriage if you can't get the K1. GUZ is only a short ride from HK.

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/bdmreg_4.htm

But I think your best bet is to get some nice sedatives and have your woman wake you up when it's over. ;-)

Robert,

It is really easy. I went to the Consulate General of the United States right in Shenyang. It is like a Embassy. I filled out the form right there and gave them $30 and then it is approved right there. Then we went to get married.

a "certification of marriageability" which can be prepared at the Embassy on the basis of an affidavit in which the American citizen swears or affirms before a Consul that he or she is currently legally eligible to marry (persons who have previously been married need to show a certified divorce decree, annulment decree, or death certificate both to the Embassy when preparing this certificate and to local authorities. Since proof of termination of all previous marriages will again be required when you file an immigrant visa petition on your spouse's behalf, we recommend that you do not surrender the certified copies of death certificates or divorce or annulment decrees to the civil affairs office. You should take a good photocopy with you when you go to register the marriage. Generally, if you present the certified copy with the copy for their review, the Chinese authorities will accept the copy. This is also true for your spouse if he or she has previously been married.)

three photos of the marrying couple, taken together

a registration fee

Michael

-------------------------------------------------------

7/1/2007 Met Fengjie online

12/21/07 Traveled to China to meet Fengjie

2/29/08 K 1 I 129F sent in by lawyer

3/20/08 NOA1

7/17/08 NOA2

7/21/08 NVC IN

7/29/08 NVC OUT

11/23/08 P3 Received

12/17/08 Interview

12/17/08 Denied

2/3/09 Left for China

2/11/09 Married

2/24/09 I 130 sent by lawyer

3/05/09 I 130 NOA1

7/01/09 I 130 Approved

7/20/09 I 130 NVC Received

8/04/09 IV AOS I -864 Paid

8/04/09 IV bill Paid

8/06/09 IV & AOS cover sheet bar code available

8/19/09 DS-230 & AOS sent

9/03/09 DS-230 Part one line 30 error

9/03/09 GUZ P3 Supplement not sent

9/16/09 DS-230 & GUZ P3 Supplement sent in.

9/26/09 Case completed at NVC

9/30/09 NVC OUT

12/11/09 Papers received from NVC or at least posted it

I was thinking, and I would like to be ready to get married in China and file a k-3 if we need to.

I know it has been covered but I am very bad at sorting threw the posts to find it.

How do I get the Proof I am single from my local courthouse and who do I see? What department?

What all do I need to take with me so we can get married if we get a white slip.

Robert

Robert did your lady get the P4 packet in the mail yet?

Robert

Robert did your lady get the P4 packet in the mail yet?

Not yet, we just got the interview date a few days ago. I look for her to get the P-4 in 7-10 days knowing the Post office there.