Quick Question

Regarding the Fee of $131 to be paid to Citic Bank of China. Does my fiancee need to open a bank account with them to pay it or does she just go in and pay?

Thanks again,

Vinny

No need to open an account

Thank you very much. And Congratulations!

No account, you just pay the fee, and bring the receipt to the interview.

The CITIC branch in CITIC plaza near the consulate has instructions, also don't forget to bring passport to the bank.

like dnoblett said, no you don't. The bank is easy to find, and the service there is very good, however you will likely have to wait quite awhile before your number is called. In the meantime you will see lots of others who have their visa paperwork in their hands, getting ready to pay the fee. It's encouraging to strike up and friendly conversation with a few and learn of their interview experiences, or lack of them!

like dnoblett said, no you don't. The bank is easy to find, and the service there is very good, however you will likely have to wait quite awhile before your number is called. In the meantime you will see lots of others who have their visa paperwork in their hands, getting ready to pay the fee. It's encouraging to strike up and friendly conversation with a few and learn of their interview experiences, or lack of them!

YEP!

When we were in Gunagzhou we went to the bank to pay the fee, waited in line for quite some time only to find out that we needed to have my wife's Chinese passport, so before leaving the bank I pulled another number and we went back to to the appartmet that we had wit the Yangs, got the passport, and returned, by the time we got back to the bank, they just called our number.

Banks in China remind me of the DMV here in NY.

YEP!

When we were in Gunagzhou we went to the bank to pay the fee, waited in line for quite some time only to find out that we needed to have my wife's Chinese passport, so before leaving the bank I pulled another number and we went back to to the appartmet that we had wit the Yangs, got the passport, and returned, by the time we got back to the bank, they just called our number.

Banks in China remind me of the DMV here in NY.

That's funny about grabbing a new number... :D good idea. Yeah, actually, the DMV where I'm from in WI is the same way. Ugh, I hate that place :P