state depatment and electronic filing

Ok I called the state department and asked about if Guz has received the K-1. The woman said GUZ has the files and will send out the P-3 when the paper files show up. I understand that part. Now I have a question about another cfl members case. I was trying to look at 3timesacharm timeline and I fairly sure that he is on a K-1 also and his girls P-3 was sent out 3 days after the GUZ got the case electronicly. Now I asked about the electronic filing when my case was at the NVC and they said that only the K-3 and the other married visa are able to opt in for electronic filing. So I'm confused. I can't opt in to a program the woman said I should have asked for when my case was in NVC. Lol. Any ideas?

K-1 has always been sent electronically, they get it a day or 2 after sending (maybe, just maybe) they start the name checks, but p3 will not be sent until the paper file is received by GUZ, not the "white swan" 2-3 months later.

See timelines and the thread "circling GUZ"

Edited by Pommey (see edit history)

The answer you get (on the phone) will vary by two factors:

1. How you worded your question (did the listener understand) and

2. the knowledge of the person who takes your call.

I suggest you try it again. Use this wording:

My K-1 petition will be adjudicated at Guangzhou. My petition arrived at NVC on (give the date). Will my petition be sent electronically via SAFEFILE, solely, or will NVC send it out to GUZ via DHL? Now, if you don't know the exact answer, I'm happy to hold on the line while you check with your supervisor, as this is a new pilot program and you MIGHT NOT have the current info in front of you.

I sense theres a lot of confusion between 'electronic transmission between NVC and GUZ' via SAFEFILE, and 'electronic processing at NVC' for I-130 petitions. Not YOUR confusion, not at all - but the confusion of what/when/how from the person that answers the phone, to handle your question.

Procedures are in flux at the moment, they may or may not Scan+Send K-Visa cases to the consulate, if they did not use "Safefile" to send the case, they it probably will be a 3 month wait.

Again, there is no opt-in for electronic processing at the NVC stage, they either do it or the don't do it at random.