Question about noterized passport pages.

When I send in my K-1 app the lawyer told me to just have the picture page and the page with the Chinese entry and exit stamps copied and noterized.

Then I read that they want all the pages even if they are blank to be copied and noterized.

What one do I do?

Robert

Where did you read it? I'd like to read what you're referring to. I've never heard that it was necessary for the blank pages to be notarized. Although our situation is different, the Embassy only required copies of my bio page and current residence permit.

This would be a good question to ask your attorney. If your bank does it for free (as mine in the States does), then go a head and get the whole thing done. I don't see why they would fault you for providing the additional pages.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

You must have misread something, only if you are using passport as proof of citizenship when filing I-129F would you send a complete copy of passport to USCIS.

3. What Documents Do You Need to Show That You Are a U.S. Citizen?

D. In place of any of the above, you may give USCIS a copy of your valid, unexpired U.S. passport issued with a validity period of at least five years. You must submit copies of all pages in the passport.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129Finstr.pdf

As for prof of travel to China, some get the copies of the pages notarized so that the copies can be considered to be true and accurate copies. Only the Bio page, and any pages with visa stamps, and entry/exit stamps need to be copied.

In my case we did not bother with this, I was in China when my wife interviewed and she simply took my passport with her into the interview.

In my case we did not bother with this, I was in China when my wife interviewed and she simply took my passport with her into the interview.

That's what we're doing as well. Thanks Dan for the link.

I would not have stated to notarize blank pages in the passport as there is no information on a blank page to be notarized

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Before I decided to go for the interview I had every single page of my passport notrized as part of the kitchen sink.

I do not remember any one being asked for this but it serves as proof of your overseas travel other then China.

If you are going to be there for the interview then no need as she can just carry your passport.