Change in vaccination sites

Kyle

In our P4, we received an outdated form. Be sure to compare what they send you with what is available on their website. If the revisions on the hard copy sent are later than the revisions on their website, discard what was sent and download the most recent form.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/ch...tion_sites.html

Please note that as of November 1, the Health Care Center of Jiangmen International Travel will stop providing immunizations for U.S. immigrants because the Immigrant Visa unit has determined that the demand for such services in Jiangmen is insufficient. Our current contract with this Health Center for the administration of vaccinations to persons seeking visas to enter the United States is set to expire on October 31, 2009 and it will not be renewed. In the mean time, starting November 1, immigrant visa applicants are able to obtain vaccinations and related record verification from Fujian Provincial Hospital. For further information regarding the most updated immigrant visa vaccination requirements, please click here. We regret the short notice of this change.
CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

美国驻广州总领事馆

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS CONCERNING

VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS

United States immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed

below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa.

INSTRUCTIONS AND PROCEDURAL GUIDANCE

Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations on behalf of immigrant visa applicants are required to

verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the new vaccination requirement, or that it is medically

inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

DT/DTP/DTaP, Td, Polio (OPV/IPV), Measles (or MR or MMR), Mumps (or MMR),

Rubella (or MR or MMR), Rotavirus, Hib (Haemophilus Influenzae Type B, Hepatitis A,

Hepatitis B, Meningococcal, Human Papillomavirus, Varicella, Pneumococcal, Influenza.

Applicants for immigrant visas at the U.S. Consulate Guangzhou must obtain an international vaccination

record from one of the PRC Quarantine Bureau offices listed below. If you have already received some or

all of the required vaccinations, you should bring your previous vaccination records to the Quarantine

Bureau for verification and transfer to your international vaccination record. Physicians at the Quarantine

Bureau offices can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your

age, medical history, and current medical condition. Only vaccinations verified or administered at the

authorized Quarantine Bureau offices will be accepted by the Consulate.

致移民签证申请人有关疫苗接种要求的重要通知

美国移民法规定移民签证申请人在移民签证签发之前须取得某些疫苗(列于下文)的接种记录。

有关程序说明

指定为移民签证申请人进行体格检查的医师需核实接受体检的申请人已符合疫苗接种的要求, 或者证实受

检者从医学角度上考虑不适宜接种下列的一种或一种以上的疫苗:

百白破,成人白破,脊髓灰质炎,麻疹( 或 MR 或麻腮风), 腮腺炎(或麻腮风) ,风疹((或 MR 或麻腮风),

轮状病毒,流感嗜血杆菌 B 型,甲型肝炎,乙型肝炎,脑膜炎球菌,人乳头状瘤病毒,水痘,肺炎双球菌,

流行性感冒。

在美国驻广州总领事馆申请移民签证的申请人,必须在下列的任何一间中华人民共和国检疫局的保健中心

获取一份国际疫苗接种记录。 如果你已经完成所要求的某些或全部疫苗接种项目, 须将这些记录带到检疫局加

以核实并转录于你的国际疫苗接种记录上。 检疫局的医师可以根据你的年龄, 病史及目前健康状况从医学角度

上判断所列的疫苗中哪些适用于你。 本馆只接受由检疫局保健中心证明或者施行的疫苗接种。

申请人可到下列的指定地点接受疫苗接种:

Applicants may receive vaccination at the following Quarantine Bureau Offices:

广东国际旅行卫生保健中心 地址:广州市沙面北街 33 号 电话 Tel:(020)-81219500/ 81219513

Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel

Address: #33 Shamian North Street, Shamian Island, Guangzhou

福建国际旅行卫生保健中心 地址:福州市东街 131 号 电话 Tel:(0591)-87065683

Health Care Center of Fujian International Travel Address: #131, East Street, Fuzhou

福建省立医院 地址:福州市东街 134 号 电话 Tel:(0591)-87557768-8050 or 8065/( 0591)-87858037

Fujian Provincial Hospital Address: #134 Dongjie, Fuzhou, Fujian

上海国际旅行卫生保健中心 地址:上海市长宁区金浜路 15 号(3 号楼 2 楼)电话 Tel:(021)-62699006

Health Care Center of Shanghai International Travel Address: 2F, Bld3, No.15 JinBang Road, Shanghai

北京国际旅行卫生保健中心 地址:北京市东城区和平里北街 20 号 电话 Tel:(010)-58648801

Health Care Center of Beijing International Travel

Address: #20 Hepingli North Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Regarding the change in vaccination sites, they've gotten rid of one of the old sites (Jiangmen), but added a new site that's much closer to the interview location and the Yang's. The new vaccination/health check site is only about 3-4 kilometers away now. Here is the info:

Guangzhou United Family Clinic

South Tower, PICC Building, 301 Guangzhou Avenue Middle, Guangzhou

Tel: (020) 87106000

Price: Rmb 800

¹ãÖݺÍÄÀ¼ÒÕïËù

¹ãÖÝ´óµÀÖÐ301ºÅÈ˱£´óÏÃ

We called and they are certified to process US Immigrant visa health checks and can do it same day if necessary.

btw, this information was sent to us in our P4 so it seems we got the updated form.

We already knew that, but as of two days ago, they were not certified to give vaccinations, which are needed before an immigration visa interview. Last we heard, they can give medical exams for K/CR/IR categories, however, in our case, they'll forward us to the other hospital mentioned in the DEC interview post (doing one part, the medical check, at one hospital and the vaccines at the other, which is more trouble than it's worth). K visas don't have to have their vaccinations beforehand. Are you certain they can administer vaccines? The Yangs said perhaps this week or next, they'd receive their commission to do so, but we haven't heard anything yet.

You're right Kyle. They are not certified to give vaccinations. Apparently, they provide a shuttle to the Shamian center at 12:30 and 2:30 each day to get your vaccinations there. How confusing this whole mess is and everytime you call you get a different answer.

So the point is, if you decide to go in the morning before 11:00 then you can get everything done at this health center and pick it up the same day. If not then don't bother because it's not worth the trouble. If you are doing K-1 or K-3 then you can choose to go here because you don't need to get vaccinations anyway.

That's what I figured. Thanks for checking on that for us, Squirty. I suspect, we'll just go to the other hospital listed in the Dec Interview thread. By the time, you take into consideration waiting and transportation, it'll probably take less time. By the way, if you're staying at the Yang's, you'll be in good hands. They're up-to-date on all of this information.

Some more information:

Jingjing and I called the hospital mentioned above, to try and get some more information.

1. The have applied, but their applicaton to give vaccinations hasn't been granted yet.

2. If you do go to their hospital, they will not charge you 100 RMB to get it finished in one day. However, you must basically wait there all day. At 12:45 PM they will put you on a shuttle with several others, and transport you to the other hospital so you can get your vaccinations.

If and when they get certified to give vaccinations, it'll be a sweet deal, having them so close to the consulate.

However, there is really no benefit (except saving 100 RMB) in going this route, as you are forced to wait in the hospital until they can put you on the shuttle.

Jingjing specifically asked, "So, if we go to your hospital, we must make this an all-day event?" The nurse replied, "At this time, yes"

So, we're going to go early in the morning by metro, to the other hospital, even though it may be a little farther, we both hope we'll finish earlier.

• 3 weeks later...

Some more information:

Jingjing and I called the hospital mentioned above, to try and get some more information.

1. The have applied, but their applicaton to give vaccinations hasn't been granted yet.

2. If you do go to their hospital, they will not charge you 100 RMB to get it finished in one day. However, you must basically wait there all day. At 12:45 PM they will put you on a shuttle with several others, and transport you to the other hospital so you can get your vaccinations.

If and when they get certified to give vaccinations, it'll be a sweet deal, having them so close to the consulate.

However, there is really no benefit (except saving 100 RMB) in going this route, as you are forced to wait in the hospital until they can put you on the shuttle.

Jingjing specifically asked, "So, if we go to your hospital, we must make this an all-day event?" The nurse replied, "At this time, yes"

So, we're going to go early in the morning by metro, to the other hospital, even though it may be a little farther, we both hope we'll finish earlier.

Hello Kyle,

Since the Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel can do both vaccination and medical exam, why do you go there? Is it two far from Yang's?

Thank you!

Hailong

That is what we were going to do. I was having some health issues and Jingjing and I though I might go to the hospital while in Guangzhou to have some tests run. The doctors in GUZ are much more capable than the doctors where we live.

Jingjing's purpose for dividing her medical exam and vaccinations and going to two different locations was to check out both hospitals to see which one would be best to take ME to, if I needed to go. I didn't.

If I wasn't, at the time, considering going to the hospital myself, Jingjing would not have went to the Guangzhou Family Clinic

For a full write-up (our experiences) of everything Guangzhou related, click the below link.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...39544&st=15

• 3 weeks later...

Funny

My wife lives in Jiangmen. We called the Jiangmen place on Monday, Dec 14 because we got the interview letter on Sunday, and they said they could give the shots just not the medical exam, since we had to go to Guangzhou anyway, we just went to the Healthcare Center of Guangzhou International Travel. They don't mention that the shots are 440 RMB in addition to the 800 RMB exam. Arrived at about 9am in/out in just over 2 hours, but had to wait until 2:30pm to get the all of the documents.

Funny

My wife lives in Jiangmen. We called the Jiangmen place on Monday, Dec 14 because we got the interview letter on Sunday, and they said they could give the shots just not the medical exam, since we had to go to Guangzhou anyway, we just went to the Healthcare Center of Guangzhou International Travel. They don't mention that the shots are 440 RMB in addition to the 800 RMB exam. Arrived at about 9am in/out in just over 2 hours, but had to wait until 2:30pm to get the all of the documents.

The time period was similar to ours. I covered the shot fees/medical exam in my writeup above.

Here's a link to the post.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=526766

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with. My wife and I live in Northern Yunnan Province near Lijiang. There are no approved vaccination/medical sites even remotely close to us.

We had our interview on December 30th and received a pink slip, like most others my wife received her vaccinations at one of the centers in Guangzhou the day before the interview.

Here's where we get confused. We will not enter the US for another 5 months. We've received two contradictory sets of instructions:

First: if you are not entering the US within 6 weeks you need to return to Guangzhou or some such place and receive a second set of vaccinations.

Second: you can get the second set of vaccinations after you enter the US.

Does anybody have any clue on what's really required?

Thanks

I would love to see where you got your information.

After reading several posts on CFL, this is what I've gathered:

Your initial round of shots are needed to cross the border. If you do not get all of your vaccinations before leaving China (which would be cheaper), you will need to have them done before AOS in America.

A search for "vaccinations" on this site will yield a ton of results.

I would love to see where you got your information.

After reading several posts on CFL, this is what I've gathered:

Your initial round of shots are needed to cross the border. If you do not get all of your vaccinations before leaving China (which would be cheaper), you will need to have them done before AOS in America.

A search for "vaccinations" on this site will yield a ton of results.

The first round is what the civil surgeon will need to sign off on. For CR-1's, this will occur in China, since the green card is awardedd upon entry to the US. For K-visas, they are not required until AOS. In either case, only the first round is required for immigration. The second or subsequent rounds are between you and your doctor.

Since the USCONGUZ website has been recently updated, many of the posted links are no longer active. This is true concerning the vaccination link given in the initial post. Below is an updated link:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/ch...tion-sites.html