Special home appliances

dnoblett

• 1 year later...

using a converter/transformer (like this - http://www.world-import.com/3000d.htm )

will chinese home cooking appliances work in the USA? has anyone tried this and the results? is it possible to use Chinese appliances in the USA?

don't want to burn down my place,

3000 watts is a lot of watts. I have a 2000 watt transformer going in the other direction (220 to 110 volts) that I'm not comfortable with - I turn it off whenever it's not in use.

1000 watts is a more reasonable single circuit load.

You might check in China for 110 to 220 transformers - mine was under $15, and has worked fine for 4 years now.

• 1 year later...

Oh lord, I just read this thread.

I've tried soy milk in the past....suffice to say it 'bout made me retch. Honestly......

Please please PLEASE don't let Yifang be hot on soy milk!!!

Then again, it might be a really good way to lose weight....but they have a name for that. I think it's...Bulemia?

:sweating_buckets:

We received the soy milk maker as a Christmas present from my sister. I rolled my eyes, thinking "there she goes again, trying to spread her weird, non-tastey food gospel". Of course, it was a huge hit with my new wife who pointed out she drinks it 2-3 times a week, at least.

So, maybe ask Mrs Wawster if she wants one. :) It might be the difference between being happy (staying) and feeling too homesick (???)!

She thinks it's so cool she will be buying one (through JD.com) and have it shipped to her grandmother during Spring Festival. Her grandmother, though healthy otherwise, can't walk well enough to do her daily shopping and grab some fresh, warm bean milk.

Urrgh,,,,,,aw dang Greg, ya hit me square in the soft spot.

(sigh)

Sold.

Anything to keep my honey happy.

Even drinking... *gulp*...soy milk.

But even if I don't, it might make Yifang happy to have it to make her own...and maybe not so homesick....ya got a good point there.

Thanks for the reminder that it might mean the difference between homesickness and smiles. :victory:

I was informed that bean milk is "good for females" I know that I avoid soy (like in protein powder or tofu) cause I think it might be bad for males.

The bean milk maker is not that cheap here but you can also do almond milk with it if you want. Anyway, you don't have to drink it! You are kind of required to make a liter of it each time, but you can put it in the fridge and re-heat it as needed (for the bean milk fans).