Simple Question

For the interview do the tax transcripts have to be originals or can they be scanned/printed copies.

The reason I ask is because I am in China and the transcripts will be sent to my place in the US. I am hoping to get them scanned/sent to me via email and print out copies.

The IRS copies are not professional looking so what you propose should be fine. However if you call the IRS and request the tax transcripts they will fax them to you if you tell them you are in China. I did that.

For the interview do the tax transcripts have to be originals or can they be scanned/printed copies.

The reason I ask is because I am in China and the transcripts will be sent to my place in the US. I am hoping to get them scanned/sent to me via email and print out copies.

The IRS copies are not professional looking so what you propose should be fine. However if you call the IRS and request the tax transcripts they will fax them to you if you tell them you are in China. I did that.

Exactly they are simple printouts that can be mailed to you or faxed to you, I liked the fax version because of the cover sheet showing origin is the IRS.

Exactly they are simple printouts that can be mailed to you or faxed to you, I liked the fax version because of the cover sheet showing origin is the IRS.

Great to know. Again, thanks!