How to check DHL packages to China

NVC shipped out my parents' IR 5 packages today. Is there anyway to check it?

What happens next? Guangzhou Embassy will notify my parents or myself by e-mail or letter?

I saw other posts it normally will take up to 3 months to receive the interview notice, correct?

Anyone had same experience with similar situation? Thank you very much.

This depends on if you opted for electronic processing or not.

If you opted for electronic processing and did the scan and send documents to NVC they will send the petition to Guangzhou electronically NO DHL involved.

I was not very smart since the beginning of the process and did not choose electronic process. Now my case is completed and NVC just told me that the packages was shipped out yesterday, so how can I determine the tracking number? Thanks

Wait about 2 weeks and call DOS. NVC told me the same thing on my K-1 back in September...they sent the file electronically and the hard copy DHL....supposedly. They told that it would take some time. I called DOS 2 weeks later and found that yes, NVC did send my file to GUZ on Sept 2nd....and.......P3 was sent to my fiancee on Sept 4. So even thought they SAID they sent it DHL....it may be there in a few days.

Robert

I was not very smart since the beginning of the process and did not choose electronic process. Now my case is completed and NVC just told me that the packages was shipped out yesterday, so how can I determine the tracking number? Thanks

Wait about 2 weeks and call DOS. NVC told me the same thing on my K-1 back in September...they sent the file electronically and the hard copy DHL....supposedly. They told that it would take some time. I called DOS 2 weeks later and found that yes, NVC did send my file to GUZ on Sept 2nd....and.......P3 was sent to my fiancee on Sept 4. So even thought they SAID they sent it DHL....it may be there in a few days.

Robert

very interesting... does that mean there is an electronic transfer they act on even if one doesn't explicitly choose e-process?

Bingtian; generally there is no point in tracking since it sits on a shelf in customs and your trying to track a package collecting dust...

but as rob says.... call in 2 weeks and then let us know... very interested to hear what's up.

What is DOS? Thank you Robert?

P3 was sent to the beneficiary or the petitioner?

DOS = Department Of State, this is the State Side Department that overseas ALL US Consulates, and Embassies, Hilliary Clinton heads up this office. http://www.state.gov/

For information related to inquiries about visa cases and the application process, call 202-663-1225.
http://travel.state.gov/about/info/info_308.html#visa

Strike that, thinking K-Visa

You are IR-5.

P3 is sent to petitioner, at this time petitioner can opt for electronic processing.

P4 will be sent to beneficiary, inviting them to interview.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

What's P3 including? I thought my parents just wait for the interview date. Maybe I am wrong.... Thank you very much.

In the case of IR-5 and other immigrant visas, P-3 is sent to the petitioner in the USA, it is a list of civil documents that are needed to be gathered and either sent to NVC or if you opt to do the faster electronic processing, the docs need to be scanned and emailed to NVC.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I am now confused...

I send all original or certified copies of everything with DS 230 packages, so now if they ask another set, what should I do?

I did not pick electronic filing since the beginning, and their DHL packages contained all originals/certified copies were delivered today to Guangzhou embassy. Please advise. Thank you much!

I am now confused...

I send all original or certified copies of everything with DS 230 packages, so now if they ask another set, what should I do?

I did not pick electronic filing since the beginning, and their DHL packages contained all originals/certified copies were delivered today to Guangzhou embassy. Please advise. Thank you much!

You need not do anything, the consulate has what they need.

Your case is goiing through the normal process and the documents were looked at by NVC and then sent to the consulate.

IF you had opted to do the Electronic processing, NVC would only have scans, and the originals would be carried into the consulate when interviewing.