Northface Jackets

smokiessky

Is there Northface jackets in Guangzhou? Is there Market in Guangzhou like the Silk market in Beijing?

Even if it is marked as a certain brand I just don't trust buying anything in China.

In the large retail outlets the RMB price is the same as the US price, so I doubt any authentic name brand items are a decent deal there.

Is there Northface jackets in Guangzhou? Is there Market in Guangzhou like the Silk market in Beijing?

Even if it is marked as a certain brand I just don't trust buying anything in China.

In the large retail outlets the RMB price is the same as the US price, so I doubt any authentic name brand items are a decent deal there.

I dont trust buying anything from anywhere anymore not just China.

I agree with Jaseball. Check out the Chinese equiliant to Ebay

http://tinyurl.com/ybtvcdf

North face jackets for 35 USD? Yeah right. They're either stolen or knock-offs. I had a friend who purchased one during his trip to China - a week later, the stitching in the arm came unraveled.

If I were you, I'd probably purchase it in the US, as the legitimate one's in the Chinese department stores will most likely be more expensive.

However, to answer your question, I'm sure there are cheap knockoffs available. The following is an interesting read.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews/20...s_55300_bi.html

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

OMG, now that is scary!!! My wife always brings back knock-off apparel and handbags. I think I might have to try to put a stop to that. :)

Honestly, I never really thought much about it, but after reading this article two years ago, I haven't brought anything back that wasn't legitimate

I don't know about Guangzhou, but there is a NorthFace store here in Chengdu. It is the real product. I have been buying NorthFace garments for years. I know the real thing when I see/feel/inspect it. But, they are expensive...even with the exchange rate, more expensive than the U.S. stores

However, to answer your question, I'm sure there are cheap knockoffs available. The following is an interesting read.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews/20...s_55300_bi.html

There's just something about that article that doesn't seem right. I'm going to go out on a limb and side with the feds here, but before we go too far I also want to point out that it's a blog article and not standard press.

Korpi is a car mechanic.

Korpi said he bought the watches for his kids and grandkids.

Seven of the eight watches were confiscated; he was allowed to keep the one he's wearing.

Korpi never gave the one watch to any of his family; he kept it until it broke.

Korpi consciously and actively avoided the Feds.

Korpi didn't care about recovering the "gifts."

Now where Korpi went wrong was in the number of knock-offs he was bringing back. What if I told you that I was bringing back 8 knock-off LV bags to give to my mother, grandmothers, aunts, cousins, friends, etc. Would you honestly believe me? What's to keep me from giving away 7 and selling one? What's to keep me from selling all 8? (Though, I acknowledge that he'd have to find buyers unfamiliar with true Rolexes.) Further, isn't it common sense to get different gifts for different people? I'd never get identical gifts for that many people, especially when they'd all know.

It just doesn't add up for me. Then again, I'm not interested in fake status symbols anyway, I think they show the wrong kind of status.