DS-230 part 1

When my SO fills out the DS-230 part 1...does she also need to fill out a seperate one for her 9 year old daughter? She will be coming later, about 6 months later. Also, what does the letter from the bank need to have in it? I do not think I need one but the SO says I must send one anyway :blink:

1 DS-230 only, Daughter's will be done later when she comes.

Bank letter is only need if your income falls below 125% povertyline and you are using the deposit on account as an asset.

The directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.

My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

1 DS-230 only, Daughter's will be done later when she comes.

Bank letter is only need if your income falls below 125% povertyline and you are using the deposit on account as an asset.

The directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS <a href="http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1" target="_blank">http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1</a>

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.

My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

Thanks Dan, I told her this about the bank letter.........but she says she wants to have it. SO I will get it, I think all I should need is a statment saying how long the account has been open and the current balance on bank letter head. Do they need to put the acount# on as well? You know how it is....when the wife...or soon to be wife....asks for something, you better get it :blink:

Thanks Dan, I told her this about the bank letter.........but she says she wants to have it. SO I will get it, I think all I should need is a statment saying how long the account has been open and the current balance on bank letter head. Do they need to put the acount# on as well? You know how it is....when the wife...or soon to be wife....asks for something, you better get it :ph34r:

The bank will know what to do. It will need the date account opened, total amount deposited for the last year, and present balance (as per the instructions), although your bank may do a variation on this.