My wife is getting her immigrate visa Thursday in Guangzhou

Well after almost 2 years of fighting my wife can finally come home. We've been waiting for this moment for a while now. After the i-601 and sending two books of hardship to the consulate she has recieved visa approval and has visited the guanzhou consulate twice to drop off her passport and recieved a document indicating her visa is appoved and to come thursday to pick it up.

Well after almost 2 years of fighting my wife can finally come home. We've been waiting for this moment for a while now. After the i-601 and sending two books of hardship to the consulate she has recieved visa approval and has visited the guanzhou consulate twice to drop off her passport and recieved a document indicating her visa is appoved and to come thursday to pick it up.

congratulations :roller:

It's been a long wait for you. Congratulations! I am just curious, but why did you need to have a waiver?

My wife came into the United States under a K-1 fiance visa. Unfortunatley the spouse that she intended to marry abused her and they didn't get along. They tried for a year or so it didn't work out. My wife and I met in 2002 and got married in 2003. Unfortunatley since I wasen't the petitioner on the original K-1 visa she can't adjust her status though me.

We consulated multiple attorneys and each of them stated she had to leave the United States and apply for a i-601 waiver for the 10-yr bar.

The waiver was approved about 3 weeks ago. She is sitting in guangzhou right now waiting to pick up her visa Thursday morning!!!!!!

It's been a long wait for you. Congratulations! I am just curious, but why did you need to have a waiver?

My wife came into the United States under a K-1 fiance visa. Unfortunatley the spouse that she intended to marry abused her and they didn't get along. They tried for a year or so it didn't work out. My wife and I met in 2002 and got married in 2003. Unfortunatley since I wasen't the petitioner on the original K-1 visa she can't adjust her status though me.

We consulated multiple attorneys and each of them stated she had to leave the United States and apply for a i-601 waiver for the 10-yr bar.

The waiver was approved about 3 weeks ago. She is sitting in guangzhou right now waiting to pick up her visa Thursday morning!!!!!!

Congratulations!