In my bones, I know the answer, but I am hoping for a creative work around. Wedding banquet number 2 is the night b4 the interview, any chance of bringing a camera into Guz to show the VO pictures of the event

In reviewing the "kitchen sink" and other guides, i imagine most of them were compiled prior to the NVC taking over the compilation of the documents previously brought to the interview, does this in any way change our approach or is caution the better choice.

thanks

j

....... Wedding banquet number 2 is the night b4 the interview, any chance of bringing a camera into Guz to show the VO pictures of the event

Don't hold your breath on that one.

Your best bet is to just wake up super early and go some place to have the photos printed.

Is this a Chinese custom to have the wedding banquet so long after the wedding or is it just a "2nd" one so that her relatives can attend?

Edited by katnreno (see edit history)

Security wont allow any electronics into the consulate, that includes especially cameras.

Get the photos printed out at a photo shop.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but a wedding banquet is in lieu of a real wedding.

In China (and with Chinese here in the US) the ceremonial wedding is the wedding banquet where two persons exchange rings (or not) and profess their marriage in front of friends and family.

In the eyes of friends and family, they are husband and wife. This is as close to anything that an American wedding ceremony would be.

The legal marriage contract (in China) has little to no ceremony involved and is simply a swearing-in of the two persons getting married.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but a wedding banquet is in lieu of a real wedding.

In China (and with Chinese here in the US) the ceremonial wedding is the wedding banquet where two persons exchange rings (or not) and profess their marriage in front of friends and family.

In the eyes of friends and family, they are husband and wife. This is as close to anything that an American wedding ceremony would be.

The legal marriage contract (in China) has little to no ceremony involved and is simply a swearing-in of the two persons getting married.

That is what I thought about the camera

You are right on the money- You are married when registered- no real ceremony occurs. The wedding banquet is the whole shebang, but it is a whole day affair with the groom picking up his bride and having to pass a test at the door to gain entrance then a visit is made to both families and and a tea ceremony occurs during each visit and then you have the banquet and we will exchange rings at the banquet. We are having two because the first one a smaller affair with immediate friends and family was soon after we married, this time we have are having a much bigger event with both families and many more friends on an especially lucky day. 09/09/09

Banquets can happen any time, I was reading where then can happen years after a couple marries

j

I would relax! Go for the interview, rather than the added stress of trying to submit an extra round of pictures at the last minute.

Why would that be important?

I agree with you Randy....the VO already knows what they will do with you at the Interview.....decision is 95% made and I dont think anymore photos will make one iota of difference....they shuffle through the photos faster than a card shark and one more hand of cards will make no diffefrerence.....just take what little time you have to relax....take a walk and talk with your gal and maybe go down to the sushi bar near the metro terminal.....just relax and help your gal to remember to just keep her cool at the interview....no matter what happens, just keep her cool.

I would relax! Go for the interview, rather than the added stress of trying to submit an extra round of pictures at the last minute.

Why would that be important?

I agree with you Randy....the VO already knows what they will do with you at the Interview.....decision is 95% made and I dont think anymore photos will make one iota of difference....they shuffle through the photos faster than a card shark and one more hand of cards will make no diffefrerence.....just take what little time you have to relax....take a walk and talk with your gal and maybe go down to the sushi bar near the metro terminal.....just relax and help your gal to remember to just keep her cool at the interview....no matter what happens, just keep her cool.

Great advice- What does the think of doing my EOR now, notorizing it, make it a PDF and emaling it to GUZ