wedding banquet # 2 09/09/09

Just informed interview date 09/10/09

I have not informed my wife of the conflict, but I am sure she will see apocalyptic doom for our marriage if I suggest changing from the 9th to the 8th. It is a shame because my family is coming for the wedding. I would love for yanzi to walk to the consulate officer with the passports of a family showing support for the women they have grown to adore.

What are my options?

any known history of changing the interview date one day?

What is the usual amount of time between the original date and the rescheduled date for the interview?

Any unintended consequences from changing an interview date?

Any and all suggestions are welcome

thanks

jay

I have not informed my wife of the conflict, but I am sure she will see apocalyptic doom for our marriage if I suggest changing from the 9th to the 8th. It is a shame because my family is coming for the wedding. I would love for yanzi to walk to the consulate officer with the passports of a family showing support for the women they have grown to adore.

What are my options?

What is the usual amount of time between the original date and the rescheduled date for the interview?

thanks

jay

Good luck!!

Larry

What are my options?

thanks

jay

First Congrat's on your "wedding" and your "interview".

1. First - is there anyway you can do both - as scheduled?

2. Has she done all of her "medical stuff" for the interview?

3. Is everything "ready" for the interview?

4. In terms of the banquet - what is the latest plane out of that town - for GUZ or anything close...where you could still be at the interview. You don't have to stay at the banquet until the last person is tired and falling asleep! Announce the GOOD LUCKY PLAN - see below!!!

5. THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. A CAR AND DRIVER TO DRIVE YOU DURING THE WEE HOURS TO GUZ is better than waiting a "long time" for another date.

6. When Life gives you lemons - make lemonade.....I view this as "EXTREMELY LUCKY" and I would MARKET IT THAT WAY...i.e. how fortuitous in having your family in CHina - having a banquet - and being able to have the interview the very next morning...JUST TOO LUCKY AS WE SAY HERE IN CHINA......Perception and Marketing is EVERYTHING.....My goodness....sounds like the making of a second "Bon Voyage Banquet"....Don't miss this opportunity for "TRIPLE LUCKY".

7. Ok, the backup plan --- get on the phone with GUZ and see if you can switch the interview dates if the above "GOOD LUCKY PLAN" is impossible based on location - planes - cars - etc.

A challenge --- If I were still in China (we return to the US on the 16th) I would drive you to the interview myself!!!!!!!

Best of luck on this one....the best challenge I've heard of lately!!!

What are my options?

thanks

jay

gio gio gio = long long long life

gio shi gio = long long life

My wife says these are very good numbers.

What are my options?

thanks

jay

4. In terms of the banquet - what is the latest plane out of that town - for GUZ or anything close...where you could still be at the interview. You don't have to stay at the banquet until the last person is tired and falling asleep! Announce the GOOD LUCKY PLAN - see below!!!

5. THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. A CAR AND DRIVER TO DRIVE YOU DURING THE WEE HOURS TO GUZ is better than waiting a "long time" for another date.

6. When Life gives you lemons - make lemonade.....I view this as "EXTREMELY LUCKY" and I would MARKET IT THAT WAY...i.e. how fortuitous in having your family in CHina - having a banquet - and being able to have the interview the very next morning...JUST TOO LUCKY AS WE SAY HERE IN CHINA......Perception and Marketing is EVERYTHING.....My goodness....sounds like the making of a second "Bon Voyage Banquet"....Don't miss this opportunity for "TRIPLE LUCKY".

7. Ok, the backup plan --- get on the phone with GUZ and see if you can switch the interview dates if the above "GOOD LUCKY PLAN" is impossible based on location - planes - cars - etc.

A challenge --- If I were still in China (we return to the US on the 16th) I would drive you to the interview myself!!!!!!!

What a stirring post, I want to carry her myself after reading it, thank you for the motivation

liuzhou is 400 KM to Guangzhou

last flight is 19:50

But you sure are motivating me to think out of the box- thanks again

Help out here- Mandarin weakling

You could change your interview date but you won't get to pick when. It could delay your interview for months. Personally I wouldn't risk it. I would do whatever I had to in order to keep that appointment.

What are my options?

thanks

jay

What a stirring post, I want to carry her myself after reading it, thank you for the motivation

liuzhou is 400 KM to Guangzhou

last flight is 19:50

But you sure are motivating me to think out of the box- thanks again

Help out here- Mandarin weakling

[/quote

9 9 9 Jiu Jiu Jiu and Jiu Shi Jiu 99 -- His "Pinyin is a little wrong - he's using phonetic spelling vice the official "pinyin spelling". BUT IT"S ALL LUCKY!!

Thanks on the motivation kudos...but here I go again... (sorry)

400km.....That's a "Cakewalk"....hire a car and driver - pick up at the banquet - drive to GUZ -- circumvent time at airport, cost of plane - you can make this happen!!!!!! (This is the equivalent of gambling in Lake Tahoe - winning a lot of money and being back in San Francisco for a promotion at work the next day.....YOU CAN DO THIS...(And truely IF I were still in China -- I would drive you myself...I love to see things like this work out)