couple questions about 156

Im filling out the online DS-156 form and was curious what I should put for

26: How Long Do You Intend To Stay In The U.S.?

I read you should put something like 6 or 3 months here but that doesnt make sense to me since Im going there to live not visit.

27: What Is The Purpose Of Your Trip?

I was thinking of putting K1 here or getting married but the example forms I found were for ppl visitng so Im not sure.

Im filling out the online DS-156 form and was curious what I should put for

26: How Long Do You Intend To Stay In The U.S.?

PERMANENTLY

I read you should put something like 6 or 3 months here but that doesnt make sense to me since Im going there to live not visit.

27: What Is The Purpose Of Your Trip?

MARRIAGE AND RELOCATION TO THE USA

I was thinking of putting K1 here or getting married but the example forms I found were for ppl visitng so Im not sure.

There are more samples/examples and forms found here too:

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-DS-156.pdf

Can anyone tell me what the diff is between the DS-156, DS-156K and the DS-157?

I read that the DS-157 is used for male nonimmigrant visa applicants.

The other thing that has me puzzled is the definition of nonimmigrant. If you come into this country, are you not immigrating?

K-Visa is a hybrid visa, they are NON-Immigrant however have immigrant intent, so the immigrant visa unit at the consulate handles them.

A K-Visa holder is not an Immigrant until AFTER they file to adjust status and are approved for green-card, until that point they are a NON-Immigrant.

So they use the forms that other NON-Immigrants use like DS-156 and I-134. But since they have immigrant intent they also need to do a medical exam, and use DS-230 (Immigrant application)

DS-156K is fiancee visa supplement, and DS-157 is also a supplement for K-Visas.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)