Visa mailed or pickup?

Hello,

Limei is making her arrangements for her trip to GUZ next week and we heard something startling from one of the hotel owners- does she need to stay in GUZ until the Visa is mailed? I thought she was to pay for an EMS mailing back to Beijing once the interview is successfully (hopefully) completed.

Also, I wanted her to stay with the Yangs, but she made a reservation with a Mr. Zhao. Does anybody know this gentleman? She hasn't sent any money yet, so I think she could still change it... I've just heard the Yangs mentioned so many times here I was hoping they could help her prepare for the interview.

As always, you guys here are awesome!

GUZ can only mail the visa to the post-office near the consulate, or to an address within Guangdong province.

What some do if staying at the Yang's appartments in the consulate building, is to have the visa packet mailed to the Yangs, and the Mr Yang will then mail it to an address outside the province, you need to discuss this with the Yangs, as per the cost to do this.

There is NO pickup service at the consulate, it MUST be mailed to a Guangdong address.

That is odd. My wife dropped off her passports this afternoon, and they told her to return tomorrow to pick up her package. Will she need to go there and pay the postage to mail it to the post office?

In the case of a blue-slip overcome they may handle this differently.