Pre-Interview paperwork questions

My wife is a Russian citizen applying for a US DCF spouse visa in China. We are currently awaiting the P4 interview packet from the GUZ consulate. I have a few questions that we are unable to find answers for elsewhere, since she is not applying in the country of her nationality.Thank you in advance.

1) For the notarized translation of the birth certficate and police certificates when they are notarized in Russia, is it necessary to add an Apostille for legalization, or is a notarized translation without an Apostille enough when presenting it at the GUZ consulate during the interview?

2) For any translations to be notarized, is it acceptable for her to act as a translator (she hold a relevant university degree in Lingustics and is fluent in Russian, Chinese and English) or is it imperative that the translator is a person other than the beneficiary?

3) Since her vaccination records are from Russia and are in Russian, is it acceptable by the GUZ consulate standards for her to undergo a medical examination in Moscow at an appointed clinic as opposed to China and then bring the packet with her to GUZ?

BTW: She left Beijing last week to visit relatives in Russia but will return to Beijing after the P4 letter arrives.

#1. Ask the Consulate in GZ if an Apostille is necessary. I would tend to think that they would. If it was me I would go ahead and do it.

#2. No. The translator needs to be certified. They should give you some documentation to this effect.

#3. Once again ask the Consulate. My gut feeling is that they will want her to have the Exam in GZ.

3) Since her vaccination records are from Russia and are in Russian, is it acceptable by the GUZ consulate standards for her to undergo a medical examination in Moscow at an appointed clinic as opposed to China and then bring the packet with her to GUZ?

The vaccination records need to be transcribed onto the I-863 by a certified physician. This can be done anywhere. But GUZ provides a list of facilities where you can get the exam done (all in China, including Beijing) - it seems like you'd want to go to one of these.

But, like stepbrow says, ask the Consulate (by email or fax) if she prefers to have the exam in Russia for some reason.

But, like stepbrow says, ask the Consulate (by email or fax) if she prefers to have the exam in Russia for some reason.

The reason why she is inquiring is because she is currently in Moscow visiting her sister and family for the next 2 weeks. So if she had the option to get the medical exam out of the way while she is there then that would be one less thing on the to-do list when she returns to China.

The reason why she is inquiring is because she is currently in Moscow visiting her sister and family for the next 2 weeks. So if she had the option to get the medical exam out of the way while she is there then that would be one less thing on the to-do list when she returns to China.

It seems to me that the path of least resistance is to have it in Beijing - of course, that's up to you guys.

I don't remember someone doing this before.

Contact GUZ (email or fax) and see what they say. You may be pleasantly surprised - I don't mean to discourage you.

It seems to me that the path of least resistance is to have it in Beijing - of course, that's up to you guys.

I totally agree with you! It's much better to be safe than sorry by having it done in GUZ or Beijing.

My wife was wondering so I posed the question to you guys but I agree with you Randy, so I will steer her towards doing it in Beijing.