Financial information

It has been about 100 days since I recieved my P1 at VSC. I am starting to get the paperwork together to send my fiancee in China. I got the last 3 years Tax transcripes from the IRS. The problem I am having is.......I can only find my W2 from 2008 :) . Is this a real big deal? The only tax return with a joint filer is 2006...my best single year as far as salary. I have a copy of my Social Security Statement that does list this info, can I send that instead for 2007 and 2006 if the W2's are required? Also How long is the letter from the bank and letter from my employer good for.......should I wait until after we get the P3 for those?

A 1040 without supporting docs like (W2 and/or 1099) is not a compleate return, you can use simple IRS transcripts.

Since I-134 or I-864 and supporting docs are NOT filed when filing the I-129F or I-130, I will move this to "P-3 ~ Interview"

I-134 is brought to the interview.

You will not be expected to have a W2 or 1099 with your 1040 if you filed a 2555 form (Foreigned Earned Income) with your 1040. Of course if you claimed US income part of that year, then you will be expected to accompany a W2 with it as well.....correct me if I'm wrong Dnoblett :huh:

Edited by twoinchina (see edit history)

You will not be expected to have a W2 or 1099 with your 1040 if you filed a 2555 form (Foreigned Earned Income) with your 1040. Of course if you claimed US income part of that year, then you will be expected to accompany a W2 with it as well.....correct me if I'm wrong Dnoblett :huh:

You are correct about foreign income.

Keep in mind if living overseas, then proof of US domicile is required to be attached to affidavit of support.

A 1040 without supporting docs like (W2 and/or 1099) is not a compleate return, you can use simple IRS transcripts.

Since I-134 or I-864 and supporting docs are NOT filed when filing the I-129F or I-130, I will move this to "P-3 ~ Interview"

I have the IRS transcripts so I will not worry about the W2's. How long are the letter from the bank and letter from the employer good for? Should I get them now or wait until we get the P3?

I have the IRS transcripts so I will not worry about the W2's. How long are the letter from the bank and letter from the employer good for? Should I get them now or wait until we get the P3?

Employer letter is considered to be good for as long as the affidavit of support, do this just after P3.

The directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134.
  • SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1
  • Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)
  • Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.
  • Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.

My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

Employer letter is considered to be good for as long as the affidavit of support, do this just after P3.

The directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

• I-134.
  • SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS <a href="http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1" target="_blank">http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1</a>
  • Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)
  • Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.
  • Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.

My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

So if I am well above the poverty guidlines, do I need a letter from the bank stating my account balances?

• I-134.
  • SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS <a href="http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1" target="_blank">http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1</a>

So if I am well above the poverty guidlines, do I need a letter from the bank stating my account balances?

In one word, NOPE.

NO, Bank statements are used if you are using deposits as an asset, to make up for a shortfall.