Atlanta Shopping/Eating Suggestions??

Eric

My fianc¨¦e and I are driving into Atlanta tomorrow to do some grocery shopping and hoping to also find a good Chinese restaurant for lunch. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we should go for groceries and/or lunch? I checked the pinned topic concerning Chinese Food Stores, etc but it does not contain too much information regarding Atlanta. Thanks for your input!!

In addition, check out Happy Valley Seafood Restaurant located on Jimmy Carter Blvd...off I-85 in Norcross, GA., (a suburb of Atlanta). I took about 40 Chinese business people who were in the States for a trade show at the Atlanta Convention Center. We had very good Dim Sum..what a riot... :lol: Also, a few stores down is the brand new Hong Kong Super Market. Inside this huge Asian food store is a food court. The food court comprises of a Chinese bakery and BBQ. In addition, it has malaysian, Japanese, filipino and many other ethnic food stalls...very cheap. All I know is, the Chinese business people went crazy inside this market...buying all kinds of fresh fruits and other items. Finally, another Asian area in Atlanta that I explored was all up and down an area called Bufford Highway. Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Malaysian, Vietnamese, Filipino, Thai and even Mexican...go figure. Honestly, I thought I died and went to heaven. In addition, you will see a lot of different Asian businesses supporting their Asian heritage. Worth a visit here too. Good Luck and Buon Appetito!!... :o

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)

I missed my opportunity to post on this subject in time... but it seems Chilton and Chef was on point.... my wife really likes the Hong Kong market... we don't go to Chinatown any more since she foung the HK market... WE also don't eat out Chinese much... she does it herself. We really don't go down to the HK market much because it is farther away as is Chinatown, but she insists sometimes. WE have a huge Korean population in north Atlanta area so we go to ASSI and Super H alot.

TonyTiger,... I have to give a thumbs down to the Varsity... me and my 3 sons went to the one down town before a game back in May and I was very disappointed. I used to like it too!! :) ... just the same come on down to the ATL and visit once all is good. :o

Anyway... Atlantic station is nice...it has nice resturants...hint hint.. the Cheesecake House(not the factory). Also it is a nice place to walk around and look around... it is off the I-85 exit 17.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

Eric, did you go? I was there and saw a few USA men with their Chinese wives.

Yes, we sure did. We loaded up on groceries at the Dinho supermarket in chinatown and then ate lunch at the food court there. I believe it was the China Kitchen stall that we ordered our food from and we both liked it. We had a couple of bowls of noodle soup along with some spicey fish which was really good. Thanks for the suggestion!

Eric, did you go? I was there and saw a few USA men with their Chinese wives.

Yes, we sure did. We loaded up on groceries at the Dinho supermarket in chinatown and then ate lunch at the food court there. I believe it was the China Kitchen stall that we ordered our food from and we both liked it. We had a couple of bowls of noodle soup along with some spicey fish which was really good. Thanks for the suggestion!

I must go to that food court one day when we are in that part of town. It did look like fun and reasonable prices also.