All sponsors must submit the following documentation with their I-864:

•A photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax return for your most recent tax year, or an explanation if it is not submitted. Your W-2s and/or 1099 forms may also be required, see the I-864 instructions for details.

Ok, so he has the actual tax returns in a filing cabinet at home. Would a photocopy of these be the same thing as a transcript from the IRS?

Also, do you guys think the I-134 should be notarized? I read that it did, then they changed it and it didn't need to be. I would assume to do it just to be on the safe side.

I want to thank everyone on this forum for all of the help so far. I spend a lot of time on a lot of forums, and this is by far the most mature, kind, and helpful one I have ever seen.

All sponsors must submit the following documentation with their I-864:

•A photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax return for your most recent tax year, or an explanation if it is not submitted. Your W-2s and/or 1099 forms may also be required, see the I-864 instructions for details.

Ok, so he has the actual tax returns in a filing cabinet at home. Would a photocopy of these be the same thing as a transcript from the IRS?

Also, do you guys think the I-134 should be notarized? I read that it did, then they changed it and it didn't need to be. I would assume to do it just to be on the safe side.

I want to thank everyone on this forum for all of the help so far. I spend a lot of time on a lot of forums, and this is by far the most mature, kind, and helpful one I have ever seen.

Photo copies are fine. I-134 does not need to be Notarized.

You must sign Form I-134 in your full name. (Note: Signing Form I-135 is under penalty of perjury under U.S. law). For this reason, it is NOT necessary to sign Form I-134 before a notary, nor to have your signature notarize after you sign it.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

I-134 notarization ended with the current version, signing it is swearing that anything attached to it like PHOTO-COPIES of IRS returns are true and accurate under penalty of perjury.

Perfect. I'm actually going on a business trip tomorrow, so I really wanted to get all of this straightened out before I left as I'm counting on my father to get this all taken care of and mailed while I'm gone. As an added bonus I found my missing passport while packing, so I can send photocopies of my Chinese visas, and I found one of my boarding passes too. All going in the final last ditch effort of a UPS package with a wing and a prayer that we make it through on the first time.