Anyone experienced calling Visa Information Center?

Does anyone have experience in calling the Visa information center? My wife tried to call the number listed on the website ( Visa Information Center at 20-4008-872-333 ) but could never actually get through (she said she got silence once she called ).

Was wondering if anyone else has called them successfully and if this is the correct number. I bought some time for her ( 12 minutes ). I hope this is enough to at least find out if they have received our overcome documents.

Thanks,

Ning and Jim...

Randy,

I tried the email thing first. It took a week to get a response. They told me if we did not hear anything in 3 months to contact them again. I thought at least they could tell us they received our documents (which they said they had not). I sure hope it wont take them 3 months to get to our stuff.

Thanks,

Ning and Jim...

Try the e-mail again, sometimes they will respond quickly, less than 48 hours. You can also try to send a fax. Maybe even call DOS, to see if the receipt of your info was entered into the computer. To get a live operator call - 202-663-1225-1-0.

Did you get a tracking # for the package? you could check for delivery confirmation. I know how bad it feels to be in limbo. Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

Guest Wuhan4me

Was the overcome evidence sent to GUZ via EMS with an EMS tracking number? If that's the case, you can track the EMS number ONLINE.

DOS will also know if the overcome evidence was actually received.

Regardless of how it was shipped, if it was sent to the Shamian Island address (don't worry, that's NORMAL) then it will take some time to get to the IV unit in the Tianhe building. The people that answer your email don't work at Shamian Island building, though, so they can't just 'start looking in the mail room'.

I'd be concerned, at this point, that it wasn't received. DOS will know, give them a call?

My wife actually got through to the Visa Service Center today. They were able to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for her. She was told that it is only useful to ask questions about the visa process. They could tell her nothing about the progress of our specific case. Well that is 54 RMB down the drain.

I am going to take 'HelloWorld08' advice and call DOS today. See what kind of run-around they will give me. All we really wanted to know was "did they receive our documents" ???

Its hard to be patient after waiting for 20 months to be with your beautiful wife, but patience is a must...

Ning and Jim...

The visa service center in china is a contractor located I believe in Shanghai, and tend to know nothing. You will get more information by e-mail or by calling DOS visa services in the USA at 202-663-1225, DOS Visa services has access to the consulate databases.

I called DOS this morning and they were able to confirm that they have received our overcome documents.

I wonder if the email goes through the same contractor as the phone service? All they could tell me was to wait 3 months and then contact them again.

Thank you for all of this great information.

Ning and Jim...