Newbie Questions

What exactly is in each packet? I see P1,P2, etc. but I don't know what's in each...please educate me a little. Thank you

hi p1=receipt from BCIS which means BCIS starts to process your case.p2 is approval notice of BCIS.p3 is forms documents from GZ and p4 is interview information and some forms again.

good luck

receipt? I filed in China, so does that mean the receipt I got at the consulate that says I paid for the form or is this receipt going to be from somewhere else? Will they send my form all the way back to they states or can Beijing or Guanzhou do that? Sorry if this sounds dumb...

receipt? I filed in China, so does that mean the receipt I got at the consulate that says I paid for the form or is this receipt going to be from somewhere else? Will they send my form all the way back to they states or can Beijing or Guanzhou do that? Sorry if this sounds dumb...

what type of visa are you applying for? If you reside in China and are filing directly with the consulate, you just bypassed P1 and P2, you lucky dog.

Bea and I are doing the same CR1.. I believe. married now and living in Shenzhen. I had to file in the states and was told from my congressman's office, when I was back there before being married, that it would take about 6 to 9 month if we got married and roughly the same for fiance visa.

So with the I-130 form in hand I was back in China less than 3 weeks later on Nov 2/ 2002. Married on Dec 12/02 and finally filed and accepted on feb 12/03 in VT. Since than all has gone thru my sister in the states but I am the agent and we are waiting on part of the P3... Ds 230, having already sent in the AOS.

From what people are saying 1 year is reasonable and if all goes well they should have all the paper work in GZ by feb 2004. We are hoping they will relent and not push us the 3 to 5 months before interview but than again I think Bea almost believes in Santa also! hehehe

oh yes I could not file this here in China as i did not have a resident book or the infamous green book. If i had i think things would have gone quicker