Riots in Xinjiang

Guest ShaQuaNew

JEEZ, this was a mindless bunch of thugs killing people in a orgy of hatred and rage and you can try and excuse it any way you like.

Really there is no excuse for their behaviour, they know it we all know it.

But while the Chinese Goverment feels it needs to play it soft for the benifit of the western press crazies we will see this unfortunatly.

They should have ended this real fast, with 50 cal into the mob.

it was fanatics.

thankfully i haven't heard anyone on here excusing the violence the uighur fanatics committed this week. i have heard a few people say they understand fanatical han mobs on the streets looking for uighurs.

hopefully the influx of troops will be able to get all of these people off the streets immediately. unfortunately it's going to be difficult at this point to determine who was out there committing violence. i saw at least one article that mentioned the police doing strip searches to look for wounds or other evidence of riot involvement. it's still a real pickle for the government...

those "western press crazies" are going to be just about your only hope if you ever get on the chinese government's shit-list. i don't believe these press crazies could stop the chinese government from doing what it feels is right for china.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to post a link to a story I just read, but it is so full of unconfirmed stories of "he said" and "they said" without a shred of proof or verification that I just chalked it up to tabloid crap...even though it was an AP timeline.

Two wrongs don't make a right. The Uighurs were wrong, the Han were wrong to seek revenge.

Post a curfew, arrest or shoot anyone not obeying the curfew. During non curfew hours, if you have anything in your hand other than a shopping bag, you either better be carrying for the purpose of work or you get arrested. This needs to be shutdown now!

Law and order only work if you are given no other choice than to obey them.

You might be right Don...that will be determined by how much the Chinese government lets anyone off the hook this time...

This is one of those situations, pardon the metaphor, that require the use of a atom bomb to flatten an anthill.

Come down so hard and so swift and so decisively on both sides that no one in their wildest nightmares would ever try this again. I don't know for sure, I've never met any, but I get the impression that the Uighurs are not "martyr" like thinking people. I don't get the impression that the Han are either.

I don't like violence no matter where it comes from, but at some point it has to stop. A decisive crushing blow to everyone involved would go a long way to stopping it. When I say crushing, I mean so devastating that not man, woman or child would dare to even raise their voice in anger ever again.

Guest ShaQuaNew

As tragic as this is, imagine how things will be down the road. I wouldn't be surprised to see mutual hatred play out in continual violence - shades of the middle east.

I think it's already been going on for hundreds of years. They entered China with war on their minds, and have been doing it ever since:

Uyghur Empire: the golden age (744¨C840 AD)

The Uyghur Empire, drawn by the great wealth of China sought to attack the Chinese Tang Empire (at that time an ally of the Uyghur Empire), but were deterred by the Tang military strength and chose to benefit from trade instead. In 840 AD, following a famine and a civil war, the Uyghur Empire was overrun by the Kyrgyz.

I think it's already been going on for hundreds of years. They entered China with war on their minds, and have been doing it ever since:

The Uyghur Empire, drawn by the great wealth of China sought to attack the Chinese Tang Empire (at that time an ally of the Uyghur Empire), but were deterred by the Tang military strength and chose to benefit from trade instead. In 840 AD, following a famine and a civil war, the Uyghur Empire was overrun by the Kyrgyz.

You must've clipped that tidbit of history from the Xinhua news. It is atrociously misleading.

Guest ShaQuaNew

You must've clipped that tidbit of history from the Xinhua news. It is atrociously misleading.

Wrong. Just exactly what part of the quote do you find misleading?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghur_people

The Tang army suffered a colossal defeat against the Uyghurs in 751 AD. There is no mention of that in your blurb. And their history was recorded as far back as the Sung Dynasty. They are a ruthless people and I condemn them for the Han people they have slaughtered. However, I don't know anything about any maltreatment they have faced by the Han. The news is kept under seal but I'm sure the two clans are both guilty of crimes to humanity. I favor neither one in this cataclysm. I take no sides.

The Uyghurs are the direct descendants of the Huns and were fierce warriors.

http://www.uyghuramerican.org//categories/...yghurs/History/

Maybe this can clear up the history question a bit.

http://www.gallery.uyghuramerican.org/v/19...tudent.jpg.html

The 16 Great Hun Uyghur Empires

The ¡°GREAT HUN EMPIRE¡± - 204 B.C - 216 A.D

The ¡°WESTERN HUN EMPIRE¡± - 48 - 216 A.D

The ¡°EUROPEAN HUN EMPIRE¡± - 275 - 454 A.D

The ¡°WHITE HUN EMPIRE¡± - 420 - 552 A.D

The ¡°GOKTURK EMPIRE¡± - 552 - 743 A.D

The ¡°AVAR EMPIRE¡± - 562 - 796 A.D

The ¡°HAZAR EMPIRE¡± - 602 - 1016 A.D

The ¡°UYGUR EMPIRE¡± - 740 - 1335 A.D

The ¡°KARAHAN¡± - 932 - 1212 A.D

The ¡°GAZNELI EMPIRE¡± - 962 - 1183 A.D

The ¡°SELCUK EMPIRE¡± - 1040 - 1157 A.D

The ¡°HARZEMSHAH¡± - 1077 - 1231 A.D

The ¡°GOLDEN HORDE¡± - 1224 - 1502 A.D

The ¡°EMPIRE OF TIMUR KHAN¡± - 1369 - 1501 A.D

The ¡°EMPIRE OF BABUR¡± - 1526 - 1858 A.D

The ¡°OTTOMAN EMPIRE ¡± - 1299 - 1922 A.D

The Tang army suffered a colossal defeat against the Uyghurs in 751 AD. There is no mention of that in your blurb. And their history was recorded as far back as the Sung Dynasty. They are a ruthless people and I condemn them for the Han people they have slaughtered. However, I don't know anything about any maltreatment they have faced by the Han. The news is kept under seal but I'm sure the two clans are both guilty of crimes to humanity. I favor neither one in this cataclysm. I take no sides.

I'll guess again. If not Xinhua then it must be from Wikipedia. You like to wiki your quotes. I've should've known.

Guest ShaQuaNew

I'll guess again. If not Xinhua then it must be from Wikipedia. You like to wiki your quotes. I've should've known.

I think you make a habit of guessing on a regular basis. Quite interesting that you're now considering yourself an expert on the topic. Glad to see you had the time to tear yourself away from the Michael Jackson news updates long enough to get your self-appointed degree.

Are you sure you are not referring to the 763 the devastating Anshi Rebellion when Tibet invaded Tang China on a wide front from Xinjiang to Yunnan, occupied the Tang capital Chang'an in 763 for 16 days, and taking control of southern Xinjiang by the end of the century. At the same time, the Uyghur Khaganate took control of northern Xinjiang, as well as much of the rest of Central Asia, including Mongolia.

Or perhaps you got the year right but the battle wrong. At the Battle of Talas in 751, Qarluq mercenaries under the Chinese defected, which forced Tang commander Go Seonji (d. 756, also known as Gao Xianzhi, a general of Goguryeo descent) to retreat. Although the battle itself was not of the greatest significance militarily, this was a pivotal moment in history; it marks the spread of Chinese papermaking into regions west of China, ultimately reaching Europe by the 12th century. Although they had fought at Talas, on June 11, 758, an Abbasid embassy arrived at Chang'an simultaneously with the Uyghur Turks in order to pay tribute.

Edited by whome? (see edit history)

I think you make a habit of guessing on a regular basis. Quite interesting that you're now considering yourself an expert on the topic. Glad to see you had the time to tear yourself away from the Michael Jackson news updates long enough to get your self-appointed degree.

Watching that video gave me reason to retract my offensive post. I won't stoop as low as fitnlively has but I saved it just in case.

Don't attack me again.

Edited by samsong (see edit history)