New job before interview

I returned to America on May 30th after being in China for 5 years working for Chinese companies.

We will be mailing our P3 check list back to GUZ tomorrow.

I just accepted a new job in America for an American company two days ago and I begin that new job on July 20th. Also the salary is above the 125% poverty level.

I received my official 'offer letter' from the company via email yesterday detailing my position, salary, benefits and start date.

My questions are:

1) Because there is a chance I may not receive my first pay check stub before my wife has her interview, will the 'offer letter' be enough?

2) Would it be better to ask my new employer to write me a letter to verify my employment and salary?

3) If yes, is there a preferred format for the letter?

4) What do you think about the fact that I may not of received my first pay check yet?

Thank you everyone

Edited by twoinchina (see edit history)

Offer letter means nothing; You need an "employment letter".. It should state the position as full time, permanent, annual salary amount, date of hire. On company letter head.

Not having a single paycheck by interview may or may not bother a VO; the important issue is a secure job which covers their concerns with public charge and with good future [long term] prospects. If this is a stable company which can be shown a such, and you would like to comment on, then you could include a short letter with the employment letter.

I understand the letter of employment from my employer needs to be on company letterhead with the start date, salary, title of position, HR contact info, addressand my name.

Is there any other information that should be in the letter?

Also, does it need to be addressed to GUZ or can it just be a "To Whom It May Concern" style letter?

Edited by twoinchina (see edit history)

I understand the letter of employment from my employer needs to be on company letterhead with the start date, salary, title of position, HR contact info, addressand my name.

Is there any other information that should be in the letter?

Also, does it need to be addressed to GUZ or can it just be a "To Whom It May Concern" style letter?

Can be a "to whom it may concern" letter.

Another positive of this is it eliminates the US Domicile question.

I just had my company write one up the other day on our letter head. It starts out "to whom in my concern", mentions when I started, I'm full time, how much I make a year and what my position is at the company. Signed and dated by the owner/boss and then notarized by the accountant.

I just had my company write one up the other day on our letter head. It starts out "to whom in my concern", mentions when I started, I'm full time, how much I make a year and what my position is at the company. Signed and dated by the owner/boss and then notarized by the accountant.

Excellent! Good example. Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)