We received a Blue slip our first interview. One of the problems we had was that they had doubts that my wifes son was really hers. We were requested to show pictures of them both as he grew up.

Since my wife did not have a lot of pictures, we had to get affidavits from family/friends, medical and school records to prove the relationship.

If they really do not believe the relationship they can request a DNA test (there is a thread somewhere on CFL about this test). I hope our supplemental documents are sufficient. We should know in about 2 weeks.

Best of luck,

Ning and Jim...

what challenges do we face in or K4 visa please.

Jin's son is after he first year mark and now at 16 he would like to come.

Thanks a bnch

What do you mean by "After his first year mark", do you mean that it has been more than a year since K-3 interview?

If this is the case, the follow to join option for the K-4, is no longer an option. Since your marriage happened before your step child turned 18, you can file an I-130 for an immigrant visa for step child.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

what challenges do we face in or K4 visa please.

Jin's son is after he first year mark and now at 16 he would like to come.

Thanks a bnch

What do you mean by "After his first year mark", do you mean that it has been more than a year since K-3 interview?

If this is the case, the follow to join option for the K-4, is no longer an option. Since your marriage happened before your step son turned 18, you can file an I-130 for an immigrant visa for step child (for immigration purposes) of a US citizen.

If this is the case, the follow to join option for the K-4, is no longer an option. Since your marriage happened before your step son turned 18, you can file an I-130 for an immigrant visa for step child (for immigration purposes) of a US citizen.

Thanks for the correction! I was distracted, work you know! :lol: