Mid July Interview Group

Our interview date is the 23rd also. Going to arrive on the 22nd, do interview, then wait in guangzhou until the 28th then fly back up to Nanjing to get our stuff from the apartment then train to shanghai and off to the US.

Only my air plane ticker is purchased for the US at the moment, since I have to leave on the 30th (finished my teaching assignment, 30th is when my VISA's last day). Once we have her visa we'll get her the soonest ticket and hope we are on the same plane. So much work shipping all our stuff from the last year and a half together.

I am arriving the 19th then flying out from guangzhou to shanghai to los angeles on the 30th to maybe we will be on the same flights

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the 4th floor coffee club. That's four of us on the 23rd. :)

More Chinese food for ME!

So that would be the 4th floor soon to be pink coffee club correct...see you there the 23rd looking forward to seeing how many cfl are there waiting for that pink i will be there..

Yes you have to buy something. Not sure if it has to be a drink or not. They came over briefly and mildly hassled Stepbrow when he sat down and filled us in on his meeting while we were there. We went across the street and ate at KFC and got to the coffee shop about 9:30.

Two things:

1. After all this a $5 cup of coffee is cheep!

2. They will have a hard time getting my ass out of any chair I'm in...mildly hassled. I have been ask to leave better places. :)

We will be staying at the Grand Palace from 07/19 to 07/23, after that we might go stay at Victory Hotel on Shamian Island until the visa is ready.

I have stayed in victory hotel before it is nice and that is only less than one minute walking from my fiacees apartment and shop that her brother owns the shop is right in front of the white swan hotel on the corner i will probably be there for some of the time although i am staying in the extra apartment that they own about 20 minutes away by taxi or an hour on the buss and metro...

Hong and I will be arriving the evening of the 20th so i won't see you guys at ASH. We're staying at one of the hotels in the consulate building, but I'm not sure which one! Hong tells me not to worry about it, she has it taken care of :rolleyes: What a woman!!!

Chinese women are especially great that way :rolleyes:

Glad you will be joining the club although you will miss us at ACH Dave...

And thanks for the well wishes Brian........

My stomach is finally starting to turn into knots and sleep is getting more difficult to come by....

Not like anything is riding on this..........interview.

Good luck to us all. See you soon!~!!!!

Yes you have to buy something. Not sure if it has to be a drink or not. They came over briefly and mildly hassled Stepbrow when he sat down and filled us in on his meeting while we were there. We went across the street and ate at KFC and got to the coffee shop about 9:30.

There is a sitting room with a TV and 20 or so chairs. From the top of the elevator on the fourth floor, go around past the coffee shop and under the elevator that goes up to the fifth floor.

You can stand anywhere, except that they'll run you off if you're near the Consulate's fourth floor area.

This is the coffee shop. It's called Chamee Coffee or something like that. Their logo looks like Starbucks', except that they have the statue of Liberty, instead of the mermaid.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2lcmo9j.jpg

The elevators are to the left of this picture. The sitting area is to the left a little past the elevators in the same hallway I'm standing in to take the picture.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

In the morning, we will be leaving for China......

Mei keeps telling me that it is very hot just like Texas. I will feel right at home.

Hope to see some of us on the other side :wub:

GO PINK!!!