Wedding Dress/Bridal Shops

Eric

My fianc¨¦e suggested that I make a post describing where wedding dresses & accessories can be found in GUZ. The main place to find such shops in Guangzhou would be Jiangnan Dadao Rd otherwise commonly known as the Street of Wedding Dresses. There are probably close to 100 bridal shops all located in this one area so the variety and prices are very good.

To get there take Subway Line 2 and get off at The 2nd Worker's Cultural Palace stop. Take Exit 'D' and when you come out onto the street just take a left (you will see an ICBC Bank) and the bridal shops will be located on both sides of the street and in the nearby alleyways as well. Alternatively you can also take Exit 'A' out of the subway which will take you to a 3-story shopping arcade which is made up entirely of wedding shops.

My fianc¨¦e and I made two visits to the area last week while we were waiting for her visa to be printed and on the 2nd day she purchased an absolutely gorgeous dress which would have set us back a pretty penny in the US but was comparativly inexpensive to purchase in GUZ.

That's good to know. We bought one in Suzhou where there is a similar area. Someone said they liked her wedding dress, so she gave it to them. We need to buy another one and I was afraid we wouldn't have time to go to Suzhou. That sounds like a good option.

I bought a complete tux for 600 RMB in Suzhou. My fiancee bargained the price down to 800 RMB for the dress. They goofed it up when they altered it, so she had to select another one. She refused to pay the same price and ended up getting it for 500 or 600 RMB. It was a beautiful dress.