is there a fix

Guest woody

Ive meet a Chinese women and we would like to get married,( and bring her son here) Now the hard part. When she came to the U.S. she used the name A once here she changed to B (passport and visa) So the way I understand she is now here illegal. I dont really understand the hows or whys she did this and there is still quite a language problem. Ive asked if she was smuggled in and she says no. She regrets doing this. Ive talked to a couple of lawyers and get differant answers. Its begining to sound like theres no fix to this. Any advice would be apprecited.

Why not marry her and let the chips fall where they may? At least, that's been a thought shared in the past. A benefit to USCs sound familiar? If the gal is on US soil, seems regardless how she got here, there are many ways to stay.

This stuff makes-a-me crazy.

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-053.gif

Why not marry her and let the chips fall where they may?  At least, that's been a thought shared in the past.  A benefit to USCs sound familiar?  If the gal is on US soil, seems regardless how she got here, there are many ways to stay. 

This stuff makes-a-me crazy.

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-053.gif

Seems like you are having a ball! :D

One thing I do know is that no matter how she entered the country, once you are married and file the AOS which in this case should be done ASAP she is then totally legal.

I have known several people over the years entered the US on Tourist, Student and/or work visa's. Many had stayed after their visa expired and married an AC. As soon as they filed AOS they are automatically legalized!!!

Does not sound right but it is..

However, I would think she should use the name she entered the country with. This should make it easier to bring her son, but you should still check with an Immigration Lawyer.

My ex-wife was an Irish citizen who over stayed her student visa. In fact, I think she was a good 4 or 5 years out of school, and therefore illegal, when we were married. We had no problems at all getting her a green card. ...At least no problem out of the ordinary that you would expect when dealing with the, then, INS.

Consult a lawyer then go to Reno and nuptualize that gal. Real quick like. :(

For sure the best advice is dont ask anymore questions until you are married and do that as soon as possible. Once she is married to a US citizen she has a lot more rights and they also have to consider your rights. If You love her, marry as soon as possible and the rest will work it self out with some help from you. Almost nothing is for free in this world follow your heart and listen to the voice inside and You should be on the right path! :P GOOD LUCK :D :(

Guest sanfranciscojoe

"for sure the best advice"? The law was amended in 1996, to make removal (formerly deportation) easier. Please put little stock in what you read here and get competent professional advice. What do you have to lose? Your wife.

A lot depends on the State you live in and how that State views illegals. Some States are more acceptable than others.

Im in Az. We have alot from south of the border, The lawyers I have talked to have been in CA. I think they would have more experance with Chinese matters

After searching this site it allmost sounds like getting her here would have been the hard part.

woody,

From all I have heard about your State, they are trying to stop all this illegal immigration because I have heard figures like 35,000 a month coming in. This was a few months ago.

But I thought of something. In Hawaii, all you need is a picture ID to get married. If your lady is here on false ID, what can she show if this is the law in AZ? If she came in on >A< passport with >A< ID and she is really >B<, than legally you will be marrying >A< which is not your girl>B< in name. The person that gives you the marriage license doesn't know her so >A< name will apear on the wedding license, but she is really>B< so in the States eyes, this girl isn't your wife,>A< is your wife.

You have really opened a can of worms with this one. If you love her and she could marry in her real name, than I say marry her, but if you are marrying under a false name, you may walk one morning to someone you don't know. You say the two of you have a had time talking with each other because of language. Get a translater and clear this up before you do anything. Just my thoughts. If I can help in any way, e-mail me because I can't get on cfl too often.