Internet Cafe proprietor claims.....

My wife has a friend who owns a internet cafe and it mainly is for ladies interested in meeting Foreign men. This owner told my wife that the Guangzhou embassy only opens new documents every 2 months. If this is true, then i am thinking September and October are lumped together. People who are in August should be getting their P3 very soon. I don't know how reliable.

Patrick

"it mainly is for ladies interested in meeting Foreign men"

:blink: :blink: :blink:

This sounds so very wrong. Does she have the visa forms on tables near the cafe exit and offer coupons for the immigration visa service down the street?

Fiancee Visas and international introductions has become BIG BUSINESS.

If you look at the spectrum of people on the Candle, you will see people that have met their fiancees and wives in a number of different ways.

Some traveled to China for work and happened to meet a wonderful woman that they wanted to spend the rest of their life with.

Some were introduced on a blind date through mutual friends and it blossomed into something wonderful from there.

Many men chose to seek a foreign wife, and women chose to seek a foreign husband. Why? Well, the reasons would be as diverse as the people on the website. It boils down to an inability to meet the "right" patner in their own respective countries. Both the men and the women believe they will find a better life with a foreign spouse.

With both men and women looking to meet international dates.... The business possiblities blossomed. And, the internet became the perfect media. Most such agencies offer a plethera of services including tours and gifts directed towards the foreign MEN who have the money.

Of course, this is nothing new. There have been agencies offering "Mail Order Brides" since the US was founded. The Internet just added a new layer of convenience.

An "Internet Cafe" is just the tip of the iceburg, and perhaps it is a sign of somebody more interested in helping bring couples together for happiness than leaching lots of money from their loneliness.

B)

----- Clifford ------

P.S. Ever wonder why there are lots of "Mail Order Brides", but no "Mail Order Grooms"?????? :blink:

Glad you cleared that up for me Clifford, I missunderstood what Mooncafe was saying.

Yes, that is exactly how i met my wife.

I had just gotten out of an awful 4 year committment with my ex-fiancee from the USA. I was lonely but not looking to make that next step. But i had always been attracted to the "Asian look". So i signed up with a internet dating site. My purpose was to make friends with some asian ladies. I never thought i would meet or even marry one.

My wife on the other hand had been single for 5 years. She hadnt dated anyone in those 5 years and she had heard from friends that foreign men were different from the Chinese man ...ie..Foreign men are more "Family oriented". Those were her words and not mine but that appealed to me. I know that isnt always the case anywhere, but that she was searching for something that i also was searching for, gave us something in common.

We started talking, and the more we got to know each other. The more we realized we were highly compatible. We both decided to dive in head first.

Best move i have ever made in my life. I dont regret a single thing about it except the fact that my Gov't makes this such a hassle. We are both being patient and we both tend to ease the others burdens when we become impatient!

So yes, There is love on the internet, and yes, i did meet my wife through a Internet dating service.

Patrick :blink:

I'd have to add, I think the internet is a fantastic way to meet your one true love. When we're in college it's so easy to "hook up." You meet new people every semester. You're there with lots of other singles of the same or similar age. It's almost too easy.

Move on to the workplace. You try to take your job very seriously. You know how complicated it can get if you're dating within the office! You know how wierd it gets when someone else is dating the boss. If you've moved to a new city for a job, as most people do now, then the people you end up hanging out with and making friends with are office people. It's a scene where suddenly your dating opportunities diminish significantly.

For myself it was even more complicated than that. I started my own business. I often worked 100+ hour weeks. The only people I ever had contact with were my own employees. The last thing I ever wanted to do is screw up what I'd worked so hard for by dating an employee. (My ex-wife was actually a former employee whom I started dating after she left the company.)

The internet was a godsend for me after I got divorced. After several years of searching on the dating sites I'm confident I've found the woman I will be with the rest of my life. Certainly confident enough to have a child with her.

MoonCarolCafe, I'm not directing this at your original comment. I just wanted to add a couple cents on the topic.

Ours has truly become a global world and the internet is an integral part of that world. It has changed everything, including the ways in which people meet and fall in love. Although I met Li while working in China, I view those who met via the internet as couples just as viable and legitimate as we are. Further, I have much respect for those who have met on the net and gone through the often difficult rigors of developing and maintaining a loving relationship throughout the pitfalls of this lengthy visa process. I salute all of you.