hi again, couple more questions

1. Im planning on furthering my school after getting to the states, should I tell this at the interview? Im worried they will think bad of me if I dont say Im going to be looking for a job right away.

2. We have 2 cats that we plan on bringing with us (got them the shots and the ok from the airline company) , will the interviewer frown on us if they know we are planning on taking them to the usa? I have a lot of pics of them and us, I thought it would be good extra proof showing us together with the kittens growing up as a timeline and maybe they are animal lovers.

1. Im planning on furthering my school after getting to the states, should I tell this at the interview? Im worried they will think bad of me if I dont say Im going to be looking for a job right away.

2. We have 2 cats that we plan on bringing with us (got them the shots and the ok from the airline company) , will the interviewer frown on us if they know we are planning on taking them to the usa? I have a lot of pics of them and us, I thought it would be good extra proof showing us together with the kittens growing up as a timeline and maybe they are animal lovers.

I've always heard don't mention going to school or working. And if they ask just be as vague as possible with answers like "I am going to the US to be with my husband/fiancee. We will discuss together schooling of job opportunities when it arises." You don't want to look like you are trying to get around requirements for another visa type.

I wouldn't think the cats would be a problem. That's pretty cool though. I haven't read about any fiancees having pets and bringing them over. I love cats. Maybe Ying will let me have one or two someday. B)

Ya, don't mention school at the interview.

OTOH, once yer stateside, be prepared to pay international rates at most colleges, for anywhere from the first 6 to 12 months. It's a catch 22, but you may find it so exhorbinant that you'll decide to do something else for that first year.

Good Luck with the interview..

Guest ShaQuaNew

A rule of thumb to which I think everyone should adhere:

"Do not under any circumstance volunteer information during an interview."

However, be friendly, cordial, and smile. Answer questions confidently and completely, but only provide an answer that remains on topic. There is a fine line about staying on point during the interview, and not appearing evasive, and being complete and thorough.