EMS for P3 and tax forms?

I want to send P3 back to GUZ before she receives it in the mail. What do I send them for the EMS mailing label. Is this something we purchase and file out with her address for P4.

I looked at FAQ and see reference to it, but I'm not 100% sure what to do. :)

Also for Fed tax return, can I use my copy of the tax returns I mailed with a copy of my W2's or do I need the transcribed from the Fed's? :blink:

All you need to do is mail the OF-169, and DS-230 part 1 to the consulate, no special label needed.

You can download OF-169 from the consulate site, and can download a fillable DS-230 from DOS.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...ts_-_OF-169.pdf

Address:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

Call DOS weekly and when they tell you P3 was sent, at that time mail the package to them.

As for tax forms, if you did your returns by mail, the IRS has the originals.

You can use photo copies of return (1040+ W2 and/or 1099), OR simple IRS transcripts, the transcripts are FREE and easy to get by mail.

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1 (Forget the 4056T, dial the 800 number and order transcripts)

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Get TWO ems labels - one to send the P3, the 2nd for GUZ to use to send her the P4.

She can go to ANY Post Office in China and get the EMS labels.

For the 2nd one, have her put HER address as the 'receiving party' or 'send to' ..

Good Luck !!

Thanks!

But in CFL/FAQ for P3 it has this about EMS

What is it refering to?

EMS (Express Mail Service) Tracking, Chinese version:

Simplified characters in this document may be enabled by selecting ¡°View¡±, ¡°Encoding¡±, and ¡°Chinese (Simplified)¡± in Internet Explorer.

http://www2.183gz.com.cn/company/ems/ems_ptyf.php?from=home

put the tracking number (like EOXXXXXXXXXCN) in the white box in the top/left of the page where it says:

ÊäÈëÓʼþºÅ²éѯ: (simplified characters should display to the left)

and then just press the Enter key.

English version:

http://www.ems.com.cn/qcgzOutQueryAction.d...ode=gotoSearchE

EMS is China Post's version of USPS Express Mail.

the site you referenced is for TRACKING of EMS shipments.

EACH EMS label has a tracking number, similar to USPS Express Mail tracking numbers.

Get TWO ems labels - one to send the P3, the 2nd for GUZ to use to send her the P4.

For the 2nd one, have her put HER address as the 'receiving party' or 'send to' ..

Good Luck !!

And be sure to record the tracking numbers so you can track the packages. You can go to any post office to get them. We got two labels and an envelop. It cost 3 RMB. I don't know what the mailing fee is, but it is not much. There is an English version of the tracking site.

I think the whole idea is to have the return label in Chinese. It should at least help to have it in Chinese. I had my fiancee fill out everything in Chinese.

It wasn't so easy to explain what to do. It sounds simple. In the first attempt, she got two labels, put one inside an envelope and mailed it to somewhere with nothing else included. It might help to go to the EMS site and get a copy of the label and fill out a mock version and tell her to do the same in Chinese.

It only takes about ten days to get the tax transcripts and that seems to be the preferred method for them. I have heard of them asking for copies of all receipts as well to verify the information for a copy of a return. I highly recommend getting the transcripts. They accept it as proof of what was actually filed. Anybody can make a fake return, so they will likely be skeptical of a copy.

Good Luck !!

And be sure to record the tracking numbers so you can track the packages. You can go to any post office to get them. We got two labels and an envelop. It cost 3 RMB. I don't know what the mailing fee is, but it is not much. There is an English version of the tracking site.

I think the whole idea is to have the return label in Chinese. It should at least help to have it in Chinese. I had my fiancee fill out everything in Chinese.

It wasn't so easy to explain what to do. It sounds simple. In the first attempt, she got two labels, put one inside an envelope and mailed it to somewhere with nothing else included. It might help to go to the EMS site and get a copy of the label and fill out a mock version and tell her to do the same in Chinese.

It only takes about ten days to get the tax transcripts and that seems to be the preferred method for them. I have heard of them asking for copies of all receipts as well to verify the information for a copy of a return. I highly recommend getting the transcripts. They accept it as proof of what was actually filed. Anybody can make a fake return, so they will likely be skeptical of a copy.

The transcripts are just as easy - either way, you are essentially under oath that the documents are true and correct. They can check on it if they want to