tourist VISA Question

the expiration date is for the ENTRY date... So if you can ENTER China on or before June 11th - yer good.

I predict she'll have an interview date assigned soon, as early as Friday, as late as next Wednesday - so KEEP CALLING DOS to find out - and make your 'visa purchase' based on that interview date. ..

Good Luck !

:angry:

the expiration date is for the ENTRY date... So if you can ENTER China on or before June 11th - yer good.

I predict she'll have an interview date assigned soon, as early as Friday, as late as next Wednesday - so KEEP CALLING DOS to find out - and make your 'visa purchase' based on that interview date. ..

Good Luck !

cool

Sabastian, have you ever walked a visa through the PRC Consulate in Houston?

I used an agency in WDC for the past 4 visas...they are excellent.

ZZ

They are not very busy, but they're VERY rude. But efficient, except for the short hours. Each trip can eat up half the day because of the hours.

Is it worth the time you spend there, Randy?

Can you get a 2 year/multi entrance if you go in person?

And you do save $40 or $50 by not using an agency...ZZ

I got a one year, multiple entry last time - never tried for a two (or told anyone I was married to a Chinese national)

The drawback is that I would have to leave in the morning to get there after nine. By the time I got back it would be pushing lunch time. So I've stuck with an agency for the most part, except when my wife got her passport renewed.

Sabastian, have you ever walked a visa through the PRC Consulate in Houston?

I used an agency in WDC for the past 4 visas...they are excellent.

ZZ

Absolutely ! I went last year, and again this year. This year, I showed my wedding book, got a 2 year , 90 day duration-at-a-time tourist visa.

It was the same guard at the door :D

Now, just to be sure for 'walk-through' - I go in, stand in line, say sweet words to the clerk, pay for same day service, and pick up later in the day. If that's not what you meant, please enlighten me? :) I've NEVER, EVER done this for anyone else - I'm not even sure if it's possible (I'm a dolt on this topic, you betcha). It IS a day-waster, though - so I wind up usually taking clients to the Vietnamese Sandwich Shop on Tuam @Travis (Cali Deli) and having some nice pho.

I've always gotten the visa in Houston - I have never used 'a service' - there are some that are good, and I hear / read here that some of them, if you include a copy of the marriage book, will be successful in the 2 year visa.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Now, just to be sure for 'walk-through' - I go in, stand in line, say sweet words to the clerk, pay for same day service, and pick up later in the day. If that's not what you meant, please enlighten me?

Oh yeah, that's exactly what I meant...got a 2 year visa, saved $50 and ate some good VN groceries..."Priceless!"

ZZ