GIV-24...is it not necessary now?

Hola,

I thought I remembered a post sometime ago regarding GIV-24's and how they weren't necessary anymore. I can't find it on any of the posts right now. My husband and I DCF'd in Beijing so we have a CR-1. I recieved P4 today and it either looks like the GIV-24 on the Chinese language form was crossed out or someone accidentally made a mark on it. I checked on the English form and it wasn't crossed out. Anyone have any idea whether or not the GIV-24 is necessary for a CR1? It didn't come with our packet, but I still want to double check. Thanks in advance!

cg

Guest ShaQuaNew

Hola,

I thought I remembered a post sometime ago regarding GIV-24's and how they weren't necessary anymore. I can't find it on any of the posts right now. My husband and I DCF'd in Beijing so we have a CR-1. I recieved P4 today and it either looks like the GIV-24 on the Chinese language form was crossed out or someone accidentally made a mark on it. I checked on the English form and it wasn't crossed out. Anyone have any idea whether or not the GIV-24 is necessary for a CR1? It didn't come with our packet, but I still want to double check. Thanks in advance!

cg

If the form is included in the packet they send, then consider it NECESSARY. Be sure to ALWAYS complete every single form you're sent regardless whether someone here or any other site tells you not to do so.

You can click the following link and go to the table of Contents. Locate the pages that contain an example of the GIV-24:

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/Visa_Checklist_for_candle_K1.pdf

It's a rather crude looking form, but the family composition sheet likely remains a very important component.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

Its no longer listed on the GUZ website as a document included in any packet.

so I guess you newbies have lucked out on that one :D

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

Good information. You're right. It's no longer listed there. Still, always a good idea to check you're packet and see what's inside. Some clerks may not have received any updated information and may accidentally, or on purpose still be using and expecting to see the form.

If it's included in the mailing, it's best to complete it. If it's not there, well, you've done your job.

unfortunately -

GIV-24 is one of those 'words' that'll never show up in a Search , here on CFL, using the IPB search engine. It's some technical matter - 3 character words are hard - dashes are excluded in the hash index, things go wonky...

BUT -

you can use google's site search feature with CFL's url -

go to www.google.com

in the search box - enter:

site:candleforlove.com GIV-24

and you'll get some hits...

Warmest Regards...

Guest ShaQuaNew

unfortunately -

GIV-24 is one of those 'words' that'll never show up in a Search , here on CFL, using the IPB search engine. It's some technical matter - 3 character words are hard - dashes are excluded in the hash index, things go wonky...

BUT -

go to www.google.com

Warmest Regards...

We will have a brand new Help database in about another two weeks. I'm finishing it up right now. This Help file will be an HTML Web Help application that has a fully functional search and indexing utility. David Z has provided a lot of valuable information. This format will better enable all our members to quickly search and find valuable information.

thank you guys for your help i this.

unfortunately -

BUT -

go to www.google.com

Warmest Regards...

We will have a brand new Help database in about another two weeks. I'm finishing it up right now. This Help file will be an HTML Web Help application that has a fully functional search and indexing utility. David Z has provided a lot of valuable information. This format will better enable all our members to quickly search and find valuable information.