Letter to Senator and Representative

Hello all, After reading the Roth Memorandum and reading this web site for some time, I realized that even though there should be no problem getting my K-1 visa petition approved by USCIS, my fiancee will most likely get a white slip. Why? Becuase I have in the past filed for a K-1 for a woman from another country married her within the 90 days and divorced 4 years later. That is strick one. Also I have been married more than once. My fiancee will be well prepaired when she finally gets her interview date. I filed the I-129F on April7, 2009. I had some free time today so i spent it doing research on this problem. I wrote letters to both my State Senators and Representatives. I explaned to them the situation in Guangzhou and refferenced this web site and the Roth Memorandum among others. I told them that as a U.S. citizen that I am required to follow the laws and rules and regulations of this country. I also reminded them that they work for us. "WE THE PEOPLE". I asked them to look into the situation in Guangzhou. I asked that they be trained in the correct procedures and instructed to follow the regualtions and procedures of the DOS and DHS. I did not ask for any special treatment in my case. I told them I had no problem with USCIS. I think that if everyone wrote there Congress men a letter like this that possibly something might get done. It could not hurt. Maybe it will make it better for current filers and future filers in this process who must go through the GUZ. If anyone wants to see a copy of the letter I wrote I will be happy to post if here if that is ok.

I don't think you'll be denied at all. When I read that 'multiple k-1' stuff from 9FAM, I understood that the 2nd (and subsequent) k-1's go into a tracking database, and any ex-spouses are contacted. There was nothing in there about 'automatic denial'. Also, the 'red-flag' occurs when there are 2 k-1's filed within a 2 year span of each other - and this doesn't fit your scenario at all.

I suggest you go and re-read the sections that you found to be troublesome.

Warmest Regards..

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

... my fiancee will most likely get a white slip. Why? Becuase I have in the past filed for a K-1 for a woman from another country married her within the 90 days and divorced 4 years later. That is strick one. Also I have been married more than once. ....

I wrote letters to both my State Senators and Representatives. I explaned to them the situation in Guangzhou and refferenced this web site and the Roth Memorandum among others.....

Writing to your senators and state representatives can sometimes help when things seem to be stuck. Mostly however, I wouldn't expect too much.

When it comes to previous marriages, I don't believe that has any bearing whatsoever on whether a petition gets approved or denied, as there is no provision in law that states a petitioner will be denied if they have been married several times. While previous marriages may subject you to more scrutiny, you have nothing to worry about if the marriages were entered and exited legally, and you have the paperwork to prove it.

it's good that you're realistic... but each case is handled on it's own merits and which side of the bed the VO get up on! <_<

Curious, why you didn't get married, and went K1 instead?

We decided not to get married while I was there because it was our first meeting and I was only there for 2 weeks. I think getting married that soon would have been a red flag.

I don't think you'll be denied at all. When I read that 'multiple k-1' stuff from 9FAM, I understood that the 2nd (and subsequent) k-1's go into a tracking database, and any ex-spouses are contacted. There was nothing in there about 'automatic denial'. Also, the 'ref-flag' occurs when there are 2 k-1's filed within a 2 year span of each other - and this doesn't fit your scenario at all.

Warmest Regards..

I was reffering to denail by Guangzhou not the USCIS.

I don't think you'll be denied at all. When I read that 'multiple k-1' stuff from 9FAM, I understood that the 2nd (and subsequent) k-1's go into a tracking database, and any ex-spouses are contacted. There was nothing in there about 'automatic denial'. Also, the 'ref-flag' occurs when there are 2 k-1's filed within a 2 year span of each other - and this doesn't fit your scenario at all.

Warmest Regards..

I was reffering to denail by Guangzhou not the USCIS.

When you are approved by the USCIS, it is forwarded to Guangzhou. They are not supposed to "re-adjudicate" what has already been approved. This will often simply mean that they may scrutinize your case more closely and come up with other reasons for denial, but I think the multiple petitions is a concern for the USCIS and not for GUZ.

it's good that you're realistic... but each case is handled on it's own merits and which side of the bed the VO get up on! :P

Curious, why you didn't get married, and went K1 instead?

We decided not to get married while I was there because it was our first meeting and I was only there for 2 weeks. I think getting married that soon would have been a red flag.

Probably a wise decision. As Randy and Jesse have said, your previous marriages won't automatically result in white. But it would be a good idea to put some time between the last one and the next one. And make sure your fiancee is well versed in the past marriages as well as the reasons for divorces. The more she knows about your past and present life can only help her in case she's asked about it at interview.

Good luck.

Becuase I have in the past filed for a K-1 for a woman from another country married her within the 90 days and divorced 4 years later. That is strick one.

I don't see it as having relevance to your current petition. What might be relevant, is the amount of time between the divorce granting date and your start of conversation with your lass. GUZ will look at that (USCIS first, of course).

What is strict ? How is it strict? How does it apply to your petition? If you don't know the answers to these questions, please find out.

Also I have been married more than once
- this isn't an issue for an automatic denial- many visas have been awarded where the petitioner had 2 prior divorces, some beneficiaries were also blue-slipped about this, asking for proof of 'no shared domicile' between the petitioner and the ex-wife - successfully overcome and visa granted.

I had some free time today so i spent it doing research on this problem.
I must be totally dense today - you have issues that were successfully addressed in the initial petition filing - but I don't 'see' how what you've described can be construed as a problem, flipping into an automatic white slip o denial o visa come interview day.

I can understand your concerns, but I don't see 'them' as large enough to cause a VO to automatically issue a white slip o denial. Sure, it will 'looked at' a bit more than some others, but because you have more detail to look at.

Yer lass will need to be able TALK about the 2 prior divorces, she should know the 'divorce granted' dates, on the interview day.

I'm not trying to knock you here, but I think the premise you've described is hogwash. If I've missed something, or I'm blatantly wrong, I'd be happy to renig from that label, and apologize.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)