interview date set for May 18th, with a problem.

Hello all,

I just found out over the phone that our interview date is set for May 18th. This is good and bad news. It's good news cause it means this long ordeal is almost over with. It's bad news cause it's scheduled the day after our wedding banquet dinner. I had added a letter in our P3 asking them if they could schedule something after May 20th because of our wedding banquet dinner but I guess they didn't even bother to look at it. I suppose this can be done if my husband goes a week before the interview down to Guangzhou to get his medical tests done with, and then leaves for Guangzhou again on our wedding banquet day by overnight train to make it to his 7:15am appt.

My question is, if I want to change the date with Guangzhou, is it more of a hassle and delay? Has anyone tried this, and can you give me your advice if you have? i know this is probably written on CFL already somewhere, but this will alleviate a bit of my stress hearing your thoughts. Thanks folks.

p.s. I just sent an email using the guangzhou email form asking if they can schedule us between May20-31 if at all possible. I hope they can schedule this cause if we reallly have to do this on the 18th, it will be extremely hectic. will they let me know beforehand what the interview date choices will be or will they just automatically reschedule without asking us?

cg

Edited by cguo7 (see edit history)

An interview can be rescheduled, for a later date, more than likely a month later.

You will need to contact the consulate, either in person, or using the email, fax, or the information line.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/contactiv.html

that's a lot o travel plans. seems like 'the last trek' would be -- you would be flying late out of 'wherever' into CAN (via plane) at the end of the wedding banquet day - so before you get too serious about it all - see if there's even a scheduled flight? http://english.ctrip.com (and good luck ! )

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

hi guys, I already sent an email using the form from the Guangzhou website asking if they could change the interview date to a different time, somewhere between May 20-31. I asked for the month of May specifically. I doubt they'll accommodate us (because they didn't even read the letter in our P3 requesting for after May 20) but I'm not sure if they'll just end up disregarding our request again and giving us a date one month down the road or reply telling me that it isn't possible (this would be more considerate). I really wish I hadn't sent the email out so soon cause now it seems like our original interview date seemed best. Yikes, hope things turn out okay with this.

that's a lot o travel plans. seems like 'the last trek' would be -- you would be flying late out of 'wherever' into CAN (via plane) at the end of the wedding banquet day - so before you get too serious about it all - see if there's even a scheduled flight? http://english.ctrip.com (and good luck ! )