Parents denied vistors visa

We learned today that Lisa's parents were Denied a Visa for visiting us in the USA . interview was in Bejing

We completed everything required

Lisa and I own 2 Farms free and clear that are worth $$ plus 2 other properties plus stocks so they could not complain about that or present income or bank funds or IRS tax returns

Her parents were denied because

get this :angry:

Lisa has not returned to China to visit them

Lisa has only been in the USA for 3.5 years

and apparently we did not send enough photos of ourselves here in the USA we sent about 11 .

so we will try again

This time we will send

with more pictures and a copy of Lisa's 10 year green card

copy of Lisa's application for American citizenship

copy of Lisa's college transcript and diploma (4.0) student

Lisa's drivers license

Joanie's drivers license

Joanie's 10 year green card , Joanie's college transcript also a 4.0 student.

Is there anywhere I can file a complaint about these VO's

I mean they must stay up all night trying to find an excuse to deny Visa's

I suppose if Lisa had visited her parents they would use that as an excuse to deny a visa

Also parents are in their 70's have bank funds , own a house and have 3 children living in China

Edited by notrevorich (see edit history)

We learned today that Lisa's parents were Denied a Visa for visiting us in the USA . interview was in Bejing

We completed everything required

Lisa and I own 2 Farms free and clear that are worth $$ plus 2 other properties plus stocks so they could not complain about that or present income or bank funds or IRS tax returns

Her parents were denied because

get this :angry:

Lisa has not returned to China to visit them

Lisa has only been in the USA for 3.5 years

and apparently we did not send enough photos of ourselves here in the USA we sent about 11 .

so we will try again

This time we will send

with more pictures and a copy of Lisa's 10 year green card

copy of Lisa's application for American citizenship

copy of Lisa's college transcript and diploma (4.0) student

Lisa's drivers license

Joanie's drivers license

Joanie's 10 year green card , Joanie's college transcript also a 4.0 student.

Is there anywhere I can file a complaint about these VO's

I mean they must stay up all night trying to find an excuse to deny Visa's

I suppose if Lisa had visited her parents they would use that as an excuse to deny a visa

Also parents are in their 70's have bank funds , own a house and have 3 children living in China

The last item that you mentioned are the most important to the VO.

Did they take this information with them to the interview?

What I mean is Bank statements, Property information pictures of other children residing in China.

My mother-in law did this (went empty handed with the exception of the papers that we sent) and was denied. After re-applying again and taking all of her papers, they were granted the visa.

Ask your in-laws if they took any of their stuff with them.

The focus of the evidence should be on the inlaws having sufficient ties to return to China. All that your income and assets prove is that you have the means to support them should they decide to stay in the US. Have them try again, it isn't unusual for it to take 2 or 3 tries to get the visa.

My wife's mother came here last month on a visa. I don't know how she did it but she did it. All I know is that it's a 1 year visa stamped good for 6 months. It made me think that it was alot easier to get B1's and B2's than what it used to be.

YES- Like others have said, try again and good luck.

Unfortunately, any evidence that YOU gave to the parents is useless, with the exception of the invitation letter.

What the VO is looking at for a tourist visa applicant, is a hard and fast tie to China, as the legal presumption for any tourist visa, is that the applicant intends to immigrate - so it's up to the applicant to prove that there is sufficent ties to China to NOT immigrate. Again for emphasis legal presumption - any VO has a legal position, as the applicant sits down for the interview, to PRESUME the applicant intends to immigrate. It's up to the applicant to disprove this legal presumption with evidence that shows strong ties to China.

This type of evidence manifests itself in the form of:

1. house deeds

2. bank account statements

3. investment statements

4. family lists with addresses, hu kuo

5. income statements (even if retired)

Take a look here -

http://shanghai.usembassy-china.org.cn/que...sarefusals.html

and

http://shanghai.usembassy-china.org.cn/tourist_business.html

specifically Occasionally, the interviewing Officer will ask you to provide documents to support your case. These can include, but are not limited to: an invitation letter from a person or company in the U.S., bank books, household registration books (hu kou ben,) photos of your previous travel, property deeds, and certification of your employment and salary. You should bring any and all previous passports to the interview, especially if they contain a U.S. visa. Providing such documents will not guarantee you will be issued a visa, but they can help you present your case.

I'm sorry for the denial - I suggest they apply again, and submit documents that prove-up that they are not intending to immigrate to the USA. I know it sounds silly, but the legal presumption is that any tourist to the USA intends to immigrate, and thus must prove up strong ties to China. Those aren't my words - those of the words put up on the websites of the US Consulates in China - I've supplied the links and words from Shanghai - the words up at BeiJing are similar.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

sorry to hear this don't give up

lings parents just passed they are about the same as your in laws as far as

" parents are in their 70's have bank funds , own a house and have 3 children living in China" their VO was a older man he asked about my last name ma ma said I don't know we just call him michael the VO laughed

he also asked for pictures of my wife when she was a small girl ba ba said that they were poor then and could not afford a camera back then

we hope it works out for them

The vo did not even look at any documents, she just looked at the pictures my parents showed to her, then she asked my parents about the picture, my mother could not remember where we took the picture, then she issued a denial visa. she also said that I did not live in USA long enough.

I am really mad at that , because everybody told us the VO looked at the ties in China, my sister and my two brothers all have very good jobs in China , and my father retired from a company. and my parents have bank accounts and own a house.

The vo did not even look at any documents, she just looked at the pictures my parents showed to her, then she asked my parents about the picture, my mother could not remember where we took the picture, then she issued a denial visa. she also said that I did not live in USA long enough.

I am really mad at that , because everybody told us the VO looked at the ties in China, my sister and my two brothers all have very good jobs in China , and my father retired from a company. and my parents have bank accounts and own a house.

Have them try again, lisa. Try not to worry too much over it. Maybe the second time will succeed. I sure hope so and I think it will.

Good Luck

I asked them to try again, my parents were so unhappy that they even refused to try it again. but I will try to persuade them to try again.

Ours did the same thing and we finally convinced them to do it again and they did - and got the visa.

They have already been here 4 times.

Chances are they will get another VO who will allow them to come.

I asked them to try again, my parents were so unhappy that they even refused to try it again. but I will try to persuade them to try again.

Ours did the same thing and we finally convinced them to do it again and they did - and got the visa.

They have already been here 4 times.

Chances are they will get another VO who will allow them to come.

thanks , I think they will try again.

and I will send more pictures to them.