Hi all!

I filed K1 last year, now just mailed the P3 back to GZ. Just wanted to know if I should include the Western Union receipts I sent to my fiancee in the past as part of the evidence to proof our relationship. I've heard bad things about doing this, this may make the VO thinks I am buying a wife. All I wanted to submit this during the interview is to prove that I am supporting her financially, in this case she won't become a public charge when she comes over. Any suggestions?

Also, I've petitioned someone else in the past, and did not send a letter to GZ until two months ago. Will this effect my current petition?

Thanks in advance!

Guest ShaQuaNew

Hi all!

I filed K1 last year, now just mailed the P3 back to GZ. Just wanted to know if I should include the Western Union receipts I sent to my fiancee in the past as part of the evidence to proof our relationship. I've heard bad things about doing this, this may make the VO thinks I am buying a wife. All I wanted to submit this during the interview is to prove that I am supporting her financially, in this case she won't become a public charge when she comes over. Any suggestions?

Also, I've petitioned someone else in the past, and did not send a letter to GZ until two months ago. Will this effect my current petition?

Thanks in advance!

I would suggest that you NOT include any evidence of support when it comes to a K1 visa. The K1 after all is a fiance visa, and no one will be getting married until at least 90-days after the visa is granted. I don't believe that providing evidence of any kind of support before marriage will lend itself in a positive way. To the contrary, someone, somewhere, somehow may even view the exchanging of funds from the American to the Chinese person in a negative way; as in paying a marriage broker, or making some sort of deal.

It is important however to provide ongoing and clear evidence of a relationship; meeting face to face, photos, copies of plane tickets, places you've been together, telephone records, email, and so on...

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Hi all!

Thanks in advance!

All the Western Union receipts prove is that you have sent her money, which can be interpreted as buying a wife.

They are worried about her becoming a public charge in the US, not in China.

I recommend against it for a fiance.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Thanks in advance!

Perhaps you can help clarify what you mean by this statement? It seems you're saying that you previously went through the visa process with another person, and actually filed paperwork? Was this also a K1? What was the outcome? Was your partner approved? What sort of letter did you send to GZ two months ago? The short answer to your question, before you provide additional information, is YES. Previous filings can indeed affect other petitions....

Thanks in advance!

Perhaps you can help clarify what you mean by this statement? It seems you're saying that you previously went through the visa process with another person, and actually filed paperwork? Was this also a K1? What was the outcome? Was your partner approved? What sort of letter did you send to GZ two months ago? The short answer to your question, before you provide additional information, is YES. Previous filings can indeed affect other petitions....

Sorry for the confusion.

Yes, I filed a K1 for my ex. I heard that she did received the P3, but that was after we seperated. I mailed a notarized withdraw letter to GZ two months ago. I included an explaination to USCIS when I filed the current K1.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the confusion.

Yes, I filed a K1 for my ex. I heard that she did received the P3, but that was after we seperated. I mailed a notarized withdraw letter to GZ two months ago. I included an explaination to USCIS when I filed the current K1.

You still haven't said when it occurred. If it was more than a year ago, it would be discarded. If less than a year old, you may need to verify that it was withdrawn by using the email form on their web site.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the confusion.

It's important that the USCIS provides you with confirmation that your previous case has been withdrawn, otherwise, your new case may be rejected for attempting to file multiple applications. Holy mackerel man. That's something that you shoulda done before considering filing a new case; I mean at least let the coals cool a bit before you put another pot on the fire. At this point, it would be a VERY good idea to get on the telephone and make some calls and find the status of petition number one. If it's discovered that you filed petition number two before petition number one was withdrawn, you could have a problem on your hands...

:victory:

[Well, the case number 1 was approved in 2007 and P3 was received around Nov of 07. #2 was sent to USCIS in March of 08, and received P3 last month. I think I'll call DOS tomorrow and find out what the situation is with #1..

The ex was from Taishan, now the fiancee is from northern China..

Thanks a lot to all of you!

If USCIS is not helpful concerning status of #1... call NVC with the GUZ# and see what they say. Can even email GUZ to ask too..but they are often not as responsive unless you give enough pertinent info to prove the case you inquire about, you are a part of... well but no longer...

I think I am safe with it now since it's more than a year ago and I mailed a notarized letter two months ago, and I do have another notarized withdraw letter if the VO wants to see it. I would say if they hady problem with it, the current case will not be approved due to the fact that I explained the reason for giving up the first petition on the current I129F form.

If USCIS is not helpful concerning status of #1... call NVC with the GUZ# and see what they say. Can even email GUZ to ask too..but they are often not as responsive unless you give enough pertinent info to prove the case you inquire about, you are a part of... well but no longer...

I think I am safe with it now since it's more than a year ago and I mailed a notarized letter two months ago, and I do have another notarized withdraw letter if the VO wants to see it. I would say if they hady problem with it, the current case will not be approved due to the fact that I explained the reason for giving up the first petition on the current I129F form.

Yes, I tend to agree... I would be surprised if the second petition is approved if there would be any issue with #1. USCIS will certainly deny if they see two active petitions; I've seen this happen.

The bigger issue is what GUZ will make of it... and it's less about concurrent petitions in the hopper and more about the meaning behind quick multiple filings for a visa. They hold authority over visas and will try to intrepret why someone is requesting one, and they take a broad view of the circumstances.

But I agree with what others said: DO NOT submit WU receipts... unless for some reason they were to ask her, she should deal with it honestly.