Interview Checklist

Dave, it's getting more obvious that your interview needs to get here soon.  

JM and I have a mild disagreement going on right now. We can't agree when to buy plane tickets. I am confident our "papers are in order." As such, I'd like to get all our travels coordinated now. She's worried that there will be a problem with the VO so she doesn't want to commit to tickets until she has visa in hand. I understand her position, but I can't think of a thing (except a VO on a bad day) we're lacking regarding proof of the relationship.

Take a peek at what she'll be bringing with her. Am I missing something?

- All required forms, photos, translations, and fees paid

- Detailed phone records for eight months

- Email logs since we met (send and receive from both accounts)

- Letter from Chengdu Consulate where I took paternal responsiblity for the baby. The letter names me as the father.

- Several pictures, including JM and me with her son and many family members

- Letters of Intent to Marry written within the last month

- Bank records denoting wire transfers

I can't think of any valid reason to be denied. But, then again, who knows? Based on this info and your personal experiences, do we buy tickets now or wait???http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/4/eekdrool.gif

Thanks.........

Dave,

We bought the tickets ahead of time as well, and my schedule was so tight, that we had to fly back the evening of the day after the interview. This caused some worry as we were not able to pick up the visa until 4:00 pm that day. But our flight was for 6:30 pm, so we made it just fine. Obviously this is a choice you both have to make, but I had the intention of demanding to speak to somebody inside the consulate if for some reason her visa was turned down, and using the tickets home as additional leverage if needed. After all that we had been through, if they would have not allowed her and her daughter to return home with me that day, they would have needed to throw me in a Chinese jail! :lol: :D :D P.S. It doesn't look like you are missing anything, but if you have room in your luggage for the kitchen sink, go ahead and bring that along as well! :D Good luck!

Dave,

We bought the tickets ahead of time as well, and my schedule was so tight, that we had to fly back the evening of the day after the interview.  This caused some worry as we were not able to pick up the visa until 4:00 pm that day.  But our flight was for 6:30 pm, so we made it just fine.  Obviously this is a choice you both have to make, but I had the intention of demanding to speak to somebody inside the consulate if for some reason her visa was turned down, and using the tickets home as additional leverage if needed.  After all that we had been through, if they would have not allowed her and her daughter to return home with me that day, they would have needed to throw me in a Chinese jail!   :lol:  :D  :D   P.S.  It doesn't look like you are missing anything, but if you have room in your luggage for the kitchen sink, go ahead and bring that along as well!   :D Good luck!

carhil24,

Thanks. Oh...I forgot....in the instructions in P4, it expressly tells the beneficiary NOT to purchase tickets in case things fall apart. I think that freaked her out too. If you had argued with the GZ staff, they might have thrown that in your face. I'm just glad it wasn't an issue for you.

Dave

We would have been in a hell of a mess if we had booked the airline tickets right after the interview. Although the interview was a success, we had to wait nearly seven months to actually get the visa. Black Holers ya know. :lol:

What was particular sad in those days was that many guys had already booked the tickets, only to find out they had fallen into the dark abyss of the Black Hole. Many of them I talked to outside the Consulate were irrate to say the very least and I don't blame them.

Ah, but things are different now.... :lol:

The consulate celebrates lots of holidays.  Just be sure there isn't going to be one after your interview date.  That would prolong getting the visa until the next week.

Leisha

Well, unless they celebrate Halloween, we're okay. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/fu.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/maulhood.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/z.gif

I finally talked her into buying the tickets last night. Now, I'm suffering "buyer's remorse," as it were. If I'm wrong and things go poorly, JM will likely do the "I told you so" thing. Hate it when that happens.

Now....back to Halloween. Could you imagine the bedlam if China celebrated it? What...maybe 400,000,000 children going from door to door? And, what would they get? One RMB wrapped in red paper? How would they dress? Kung Fu warriors? Little Mao Tse Tungs? What would be a frightening costume for them? George Bush? Or, better yet....Al Gore??????? http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/z0/burn.gif