I-797C, Notice of Action

Hi Everyone,

We are in the process of adjusting my wife and son's status. We got married in December, and filed I-485, I-765, and I-131 for both of them on February 14, 2009. I received notice for their Biometric appointments about two weeks ago. They will be here in Virginia not far from where we live.

Today, I received another notice of action for my wife and son (I-797C) in relation to their I-485s. It says:

Notice type : Transfer Notice

This is to advise you that in order to speed up processing we have transferred the above case to the following USCIS
office for processing:

California Service Center, 2nd Flr, 24000 Avila Road, Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0111. That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition. Please read the following information before attempting to contact the National Customer Service Center for an update:

Please refer to the USCIS processing dates webpage, via the USCIS home webpage http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm, to locate the processing dates for the specific service center that your case was transferred to. If the service center is within processing time for your particular application or petition, USCIS cannot provide an update on your case. If the service center is outside of processing time for your particular application or petition, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283 to request an update.

Please contact the Premium Processing phone number at 1-866-315-5718 for inquiries. The 15-day Premium Processing clock does not start until the correct office receives the application or petition.

Please see the additional information on the back. You will be notified separately about any other cases you filed.

National Benefits Center
USCIS, DHS
P.O. Box #648004
Lee's Summit, MO 64064
Customer Service Telephone: (800) 375-5283

Does all of this sound normal? What does it mean? Are they foregoing the interview and cutting right to the decision?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.