Great Hotel near GUZ Consulate!

Guest Dylan W

I personally wouldn't recommend him. His service is just like Mr. Yang's. He only owns one apartment with three rooms which he rents out per room. His office/computer is located in the living room.

We booked our stay with him via telephone. When my wife arrived he said the room we booked was not available. My wife actually arrived a day earlier and had to stay in one of the shared rooms. What's the most ridiculous is that he promised my wife the next day that our room would be available. When I arrived the next day it was still not available. When I mentioned my dissatisfaction he only said he could find us another room for a higher price (a much higher price). The old bait and switch. We left immediately as I have no patience for that kind of stuff. I would rather stay at a hotel.

We rented a room that was in the Corcorda building and it was great had a living room and a bedroom with a small kitchen. We did make some copies at his office that was in the living room you were talking about. We were in a different building and it was a great place for the price. We paid either 230 or 240 at night. That was Nov 09

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally wouldn't recommend him. His service is just like Mr. Yang's. He only owns one apartment with three rooms which he rents out per room. His office/computer is located in the living room.

We booked our stay with him via telephone. When my wife arrived he said the room we booked was not available. My wife actually arrived a day earlier and had to stay in one of the shared rooms. What's the most ridiculous is that he promised my wife the next day that our room would be available. When I arrived the next day it was still not available. When I mentioned my dissatisfaction he only said he could find us another room for a higher price (a much higher price). The old bait and switch. We left immediately as I have no patience for that kind of stuff. I would rather stay at a hotel.

I am sorry that you didn't get the room you wanted. Though my places are not as good as five star hotels, but I have lots of apartments with one bedroom and one livingroom. If I only have one apartment with one livingroom and three bedroom, how can I do this business?

I am sorry that you didn't get the room you wanted. Though my places are not as good as five star hotels, but I have lots of apartments with one bedroom and one livingroom. If I only have one apartment with one livingroom and three bedroom, how can I do this business?

Simple, you act as a broker for other people's apartments; just like Mr. Yang. That's besides the point, the point is that if you guarantee a customer a room, it had better be reserved when they get there. No excuses; simply offering another room at a nearby hotel at a much higher price is not a solution.

btw, when I left upset and I said I would tell others about the kind of service you provide, I was serious. If you'd like to continue to defend yourself then I can explain in more detail how you "attempted" to handle the situation. For your sake, I'll leave it up to the reader's imagination. Let's just say the way you presented yourselves would make anybody steer clear of your services.

Let this be a lesson to treat your next paying customer with a little more respect and instead of a negative review, you'll get a positive one.

Edited by squirty (see edit history)
Guest Pommey

I dont know this man or his business, but I guess if he whats to offer the best service and get good CFL reviews he will in future ensure truthful service.

The Yangs have a solid history, he is the new kid on the block, got to sell and prove himself.

For further clarification of what I wrote previously...

<<We booked our stay with him via telephone. When my wife arrived he said the room we booked was not available. My wife actually arrived a day earlier and had to stay in one of the shared rooms. What's the most ridiculous is that he promised my wife the next day that our room would be available.>>

What I meant to say was "My wife actually arrived a day earlier THAN MYSELF and had to stay in one of the shared rooms because the room we booked was not available. Nor was it available the next day either. We had booked the hotel for an entire week starting from the day of my wife's arrival. We had kept in contact with the owner to confirm our reservation even up to the morning of her arrival. It would have been nice to at least have a heads up so we could have found another place to stay.

Upon further research, it seems very odd that this owner's pictures on his website are the same as another hotel owner's (unless of course they are the same person? though different contact numbers and names) I booked this hotel in the first place because I liked the pictures of the hotel.

This guy's pictures:

http://www.13711105224.cn/price.html

The other guy/gal:

http://usa.bbs.net/bbs/motel/index.html

I assume from other member's posts that his service (if room available) is good, but if he happens to be over-booked for the dates you reserved then you just might be SOL. Personally, not something I like to gamble with on a hotel.

Hello, Mr. Respect, what time do you come to guangzhou consulate in the United States, said the interview so much. Is I met you? I still wonder? A man or a woman?

• 4 weeks later...

hello, can you please let me know more details about your room for rent. Mr yang.. we will come to guangzhou for my wife's interview very soon and don't wish to stay at a hotel. Your email address did not work.

Thank you

I think this is the link/contact info you are looking for if you are looking for Mr. Yang's apartments.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14102

You are good: This is my website:

http://usa.bbs.net/bbs/xjx/index.html

http://www.13711105224.cn/

• 1 month later...

My wife and I stayed at this hotel. Very close to Consolate and helped my wife with interview prep. Came over the night before interview day and quizzed my wife on some questions they might ask. Helped arrange medical and showed us around a little as well. Very nice and professional owners.

John and Jun

My wife and I stayed at this hotel. Very close to Consolate and helped my wife with interview prep. Came over the night before interview day and quizzed my wife on some questions they might ask. Helped arrange medical and showed us around a little as well. Very nice and professional owners.

John and Jun

Thank you! Your evaluation of me, I hope my days in the future, do better. Join their spouses in your stage. U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou to face execution, where you can become a good inn, I come every day a lot of contact with consular visa, and I hope I can give you provide a lot of useful information on the new face execution. In this heartfelt blessing you!

• 1 month later...

Here's a fantastic price and location hotel near the GUZ Consulate. It is just a short walk downstairs to the interview lines. Have your Chinese SO call and make reservations and for rates. 13711105224 or 13250216868. Visit on the internet at www.13711105224.cn and here's the hotel owner's card...

http://i40.tinypic.com/29zew3k.jpg

The hotel owner will help with anything you need, getting to the medical and picking up visa items. He will advise your kitchen sink, just make sure you bring everything you need. He is very kind to sit down and use his years of experience to help make your stay and interview easier. We have been here for a week together, and Wendy has lived her for almost 2 months while waiting to come home with me to Oklahoma. I know there are other members who would gladly compliment the hotel owner here. My hat is off to him, and his gracious nature. Nothing has been stolen out of our room either, for those that ask. And also, it has American style toilets, so no need to PM me and ask anymore. Here's the phone number and a few photos.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ekrrxl.jpg

The hotel rooms are in the apartments behind me.

http://i43.tinypic.com/a46fld.jpg

This room is up on the 12th floor with great views, even from the corner room, even if it is the Westin you are looking at from this apartment.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2gxg3v8.jpg

Citic Plaza from behind the hotel at night, coming home from dinner. You can see the hotel in the right side of the photo next to Citic Plaza. There are so many places to eat and street vendors to please any appetite, or shopping need! Not to mention the next door 7-11 for late night goodies when everyone else is closed.

Also, can a mod PIN this thread?

Anyone can ask me questions is they'd like, I have plenty of info to share if needed. Everything here has been fantastic!

Is this the Yang's?

before I found a post with his contact information. Now I can't find it.

rw