another naive petioner

hi everyone , yup got the ol white slip bone in late Jan., my wife was denied our k3. i was so pissed i could'nt see straight. ya , i feel dumber than a box of rocks and as naive as my five year old son. i wished i would have known about cfl a year and half ago - what great place! i have found out more in the last week than i ever thought i would know.Big thanks to the couple at the hotel restaurant in GZ. they gave me this and some other web sites to check. BIG,BIG thanks to both of you and Congrats[ they passed their K1 ]. unfortunately i found cfl after the fact. looks like they hosed me and my wife on the "not a bonafide relationship" gig with a big hint of "you cant speak english and your husband does not speak chinese". my wife and i love each other very much and alway's will. our love has no barriers and boundry's.we'll just keep fight'n until the mission is accomplished.i am very confused as what to do at this time and how to go about it. So any and all advice, info., and references to the "best legal help" , would be greatly appreciated.

hi everyone , yup got the ol white slip bone in late Jan., my wife was denied our k3. i was so pissed i could'nt see straight. ya , i feel dumber than a box of rocks and as naive as my five year old son. i wished i would have known about cfl a year and half ago - what great place! i have found out more in the last week than i ever thought i would know.Big thanks to the couple at the hotel restaurant in GZ. they gave me this and some other web sites to check. BIG,BIG thanks to both of you and Congrats[ they passed their K1 ]. unfortunately i found cfl after the fact. looks like they hosed me and my wife on the "not a bonafide relationship" gig with a big hint of "you cant speak english and your husband does not speak chinese". my wife and i love each other very much and alway's will. our love has no barriers and boundry's.we'll just keep fight'n until the mission is accomplished.i am very confused as what to do at this time and how to go about it. So any and all advice, info., and references to the "best legal help" , would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome, and take advantage of the resources here. Keep pressing forward.

Sorry to hear that it can be very depressing, There are a few good attornys mentioned on this site the only one I have had contact with is Marcus Ellis he has an office in Ho Chi Minh and one in the states. There have been serveral here that have used him so they might be able to give you more info than me.

Just do your research visit this site absorb as much as you can don't rely on the attorny to do everything and you will get the visa it might take a year or two but by the time she has her next interview she should be better with her English. Dont' rush take your time get a game plan once you do that you will find alot of the stress and depression will go away or at least it has for me.

Hey,

sorry to hear of your denial.My wife and I ,also recieved the denial in October. Your k3,did you get both i-130 and the I -129f approved at USCIS? Well if so,start the CR1, which is what my wife and I did.Now waiting for her next "interivew"(as some like to call it).Hang in there,i know exactly what you are feeling.

Jimi

Hey,

sorry to hear of your denial.My wife and I ,also recieved the denial in October. Your k3,did you get both i-130 and the I -129f approved at USCIS? Well if so,start the CR1, which is what my wife and I did.Now waiting for her next "interivew"(as some like to call it).Hang in there,i know exactly what you are feeling.

Jimi

hi jimi , yeah the cr-1 was also approved at USCIS. how do i go about getting this started or who doi contact or am i already hosed. i have already filed all the paperwork with the NVC.the NVC sent it off to GUZ. will they give us another app.date. the guy at the U.S. citizen services inside the GUZ consolate told me i was hosed and they would be sending EVERYTHING back to the USCIS.

are you certain the I-130 was sent to GUZ from NVC? Usually if a K-3 is involved, an I-130 is held up at NVC unless you tell them otherwise.

Call in to NVC, check status of your I-130.

are you certain the I-130 was sent to GUZ from NVC? Usually if a K-3 is involved, an I-130 is held up at NVC unless you tell them otherwise.

Call in to NVC, check status of your I-130.

thanks for the info. but, aaargh , i'm confused. here's what happened. i received a letter from the NVC stating that the cr1 had been sent to guz. within a week my wife had the K3 packet. she filled it out and sent it to guz. we had the appointment letter three weeks later. i called the consolate help line 3 separate times, but they had no record of the the i130/cr1. said it was maybe still stuck in customs. i called the NVC just before her appointment and all they would say is "we sent your file to GUZ". i was told both the pettions were going to sent back to the USCIS. is this the NORM???

OK - I think I understand a bit more.

The I-130 - it sounds like it got 'crossed up' at GUZ, arriving sometime after the P-3 for the K-3 was sent out from GUZ.

So, disregard my last advice, as it was only a supposition, based on standard 'stuff'. Your casefiles aren't standard, at this point - as You've already handled an I-824 for the I-130, and since the K-3 was denied AND the I-130 had made it to GUZ - there's no hope of 'this set of documents'.

I'd wait a bit, and refile. Please take a bit of time to prepare a set o stuff for front-loading of your I-130 and K-3, and have a look around CFL here.

'not a bonafide relationship' mostly is used because there was something 'wrong' or 'scant' in the casefile as sent from NVC - so front-loading is important.

Sorry you found CFL this way - but hey - at this point, I wouldn't even suggest to try to 'overcome a white slip' .

If you have the time, maybe is good idea to get back to China this month or next, have a visit with yer lass.

• 2 weeks later...

After a re-read and a re-think - I wanna tell ya - there is SLIGHT possibility that her I-130 casefile will be processed in GUZ .

Supposedly, once a NOID occurs on the K-3, the I-130 that's in route will be 'captured', set together with the K-3 at GUZ, and sent back.

But - it might not happen. There is SLIGHT possibility that it may not happen.

Take note of the date that NVC said yer I-130 casefile was sent over, and then anywhere from 2 to 5 months later - this casefile will get opened by GUZ.

If there is chance they actually adjudicate the I-130 seperately, without attaching it to the previous K-3, then you have some chance.

Anyway - that's my thoughts, however malformed..

Call DOS /NVC once a week, check for case status on the I-130, don't talk about the K-3 with them at all.

After a re-read and a re-think - I wanna tell ya - there is SLIGHT possibility that her I-130 casefile will be processed in GUZ .

Supposedly, once a NOID occurs on the K-3, the I-130 that's in route will be 'captured', set together with the K-3 at GUZ, and sent back.

But - it might not happen. There is SLIGHT possibility that it may not happen.

Take note of the date that NVC said yer I-130 casefile was sent over, and then anywhere from 2 to 5 months later - this casefile will get opened by GUZ.

If there is chance they actually adjudicate the I-130 seperately, without attaching it to the previous K-3, then you have some chance.

Anyway - that's my thoughts, however malformed..

Call DOS /NVC once a week, check for case status on the I-130, don't talk about the K-3 with them at all.

hi Sebastian, THANK YOU so very much!!!! In my opinion your thoughts, advice, and opinions are Nowhere's near malformed. I've found them to be "PRICELESS". As for the above, GUZ kicked me in the twig 'n' berries AGAIN!!! LOL[was'nt really funny at the time] I have been work'n a bit with Marc E. and was advised to email GUZ inquiring about the I130, with out mention of the k3. The rotton A**H***'S emailed me back saying they are going to send em' both back to the states. What do think is a good move next? What's up with the re-file? I see alot of members that were denied are doing this. M.E. advised me to stick with prep'n for the rebuttal. He was say'n it's only about a 50/50 the refiled petition gets approved, due to the prior denial. What've heard, read, or know about this? Anyway thats my progress so far.

Thanks again,

Rocco

Rocco 09, I haven't piped in yet. You seem like you've got the deal scoped out. The main issue is finding out the exact reason of the denial. IMHO start with the K-1 and upgrade as needed. That gives you a fall back position. Refiling for the same visa without dealing with the underlaying issue of denial is seems to be a losing battle.

If you are working with M. E. then you should be good. Bottom line, it's gonna take at least a couple of more years so y'all might as well be studyin' up on each others' languages. I've been there, done that, and got a few Chinese T-shirts! :D

Your CR1 will not expire as the K1s do so you are in for a huge wait. It took me 4 years from the time I met my now wife. BTW, how long did you know your woman before y'all married?

If you are working with M. E. then you should be good. Bottom line, it's gonna take at least a couple of more years so y'all might as well be studyin' up on each others' languages. I've been there, done that, and got a few Chinese T-shirts! :(

Your CR1 will not expire as the K1s do so you are in for a huge wait. It took me 4 years from the time I met my now wife. BTW, how long did you know your woman before y'all married?

Rocco, glad you are onboard now. Listen to Chilton747... he knows and has been down this road.. thankfully he recently finished and his lovely is with him Stateside.

Hang in there and work on her English... If they determined if my wife would get her Visa on my ability to speak Chinese,... I don't know is she would be home wating for me now :huh: ... Still, it doesn't hurt to know it. I actually wish I could speak Chinese better.... start getting your pictures and letter together. If you send your wife money, keep a copy... if you send her gifts, save the receipt.... While my situation was a little different from Chilton747's , I too had to wait a very long time. Hang in there and good luck....

One more thing, while I know you would have rather had her pass and get her visa, think of this as time to know each other even more before she is approved. It'll happen, you just need patience and love.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)