Stunning News from VSC

Hey - how's it going with NVC processing ?

I've been watching the NOA-1 - NOA-2 timespan decreasing recently - whoop !!!

That is great news!

Just got back from China, and I now know what is hell on earth. 12 hours of wedding photos in one day :unsure:

The NVC is proceeding, I suggest using email for the DS-3032. I got the DS-3032, IV bill and AOS Bill paid within a week. -jim

Wow - all in 1 week - that's even more stunning news.. Whoop !

re: 12 hours - yup. I knew we'd be doing this - so I brought in a tux that fit me - I'm a bigger fella and was worried they wouldn't have my size for the tux. The REST of the garments were sorta squeezed over my massive frame, or in some cases - simply pinned to my tux pants and tux shirt. But that's only the 'small' portion of it- really - it's more fun as yer watching yer lass get her makeup and hair done - 4 or 7 times in that 12 hour setting - YUM !!!

We each had a 'handler' - but since I was getting 'pinned' half the time, it took a crew o 3 each time - I didn't care how emabarrasing that was - I was successful in getting everyone to laugh with and at the Pui Angmo (me) - so no one was fussing too much.

The most important thing I did that day was to help carry her dress up and down the stairs each time for the shoot. I knew though, that getting cranky was not gonna be useful at all.

I'm headed back soon, but we're staying in Chengdu for the next trip.

MAYBE NVC will say 'case complete' for you next week?????

Warmest Regards...

Hey - how's it going with NVC processing ?

I've been watching the NOA-1 - NOA-2 timespan decreasing recently - whoop !!!

That is great news!

Just got back from China, and I now know what is hell on earth. 12 hours of wedding photos in one day ;)

The NVC is proceeding, I suggest using email for the DS-3032. I got the DS-3032, IV bill and AOS Bill paid within a week. -jim

Wow - all in 1 week - that's even more stunning news.. Whoop !

re: 12 hours - yup. I knew we'd be doing this - so I brought in a tux that fit me - I'm a bigger fella and was worried they wouldn't have my size for the tux. The REST of the garments were sorta squeezed over my massive frame, or in some cases - simply pinned to my tux pants and tux shirt. But that's only the 'small' portion of it- really - it's more fun as yer watching yer lass get her makeup and hair done - 4 or 7 times in that 12 hour setting - YUM !!!

We each had a 'handler' - but since I was getting 'pinned' half the time, it took a crew o 3 each time - I didn't care how emabarrasing that was - I was successful in getting everyone to laugh with and at the Pui Angmo (me) - so no one was fussing too much.

The most important thing I did that day was to help carry her dress up and down the stairs each time for the shoot. I knew though, that getting cranky was not gonna be useful at all.

I'm headed back soon, but we're staying in Chengdu for the next trip.

MAYBE NVC will say 'case complete' for you next week?????

Warmest Regards...

Sebastian,

Nice of you to carry the dress, I smiled and tried to sleep. We are missing one critical piece: our joint tax return. I am going through the W7 process so we will be delayed in getting NVC approval

very helpful NVC Guide

Just remember - COPIES of a joint return will suffice, it doesn't need to be a tax transcript. You can whip out the 1040, rest of the forms, and the W-7 this weekend, then make copies of it all , then send it in. (don't forget the notarized copy of her bio page of her passport, hopefully you got that on yer last trip?), and send in the copy of this tax return with yer I-864. If you need tax transcripts for previous years, the fastest way to get em is to go to yer local IRS office (yes, in person, and walk out with em).

The 2nd fastest way is via telephone - takes about 3 to 8 days.

GoGo Gadget I-864 !

re: the shortcuts - ya - I've been sticking to James' version over at VJ - I'll reread this other set this weekend.

re: the dress. yikes - at the photo studio we were at, each dress was long - so i'm holding the tail bits so she doesn't fall whilst climbing up the stairs. I wanted to carry her a coupla times, but ...

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)