Living on $15/week in China

He can do it...I'm not going to do it... :unsure:

And his "week" is only 5 days by my figuring... :ph34r: But certainly you can be very frugal no matter where you live...We very rarely go out to eat and would rather save and invest in houses in China, just like this young man... :angry:

Guest Tony n Terrific

Interesting story. Chinese People have been a frugal lot until the New China came along. Now they are putting their priorities in order. He is investing in appreciating assets.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/business/...iving.cheap.cnn

-------------------------------------------------

You can do it.

I've been seeing your average Chinese person do this for the past 13+ years. Nothing new.

How much is beer in China? I just dont know if I can make it on that little of money??

My wife lived a lot cheaper than that! Approx 300 RMB each month. Mikey the last beer I bought there was .25 USD for approx 1 liter.

It's this culture of saving that may be Chinese salvation from this economic crisis. I see this same culture here in the Chinese 'underground' economy too. If nothing else, maybe Americans can learn this lesson...like many of our parents learned from the Great Depression.

I can tell ya that my wife is teaching me a few lessons. Actually I find them quite fascinating. I talk to many of my friends about her ideas but they can't seem to comprehend. Out of their comfort zone.