Hi everyone,

The Guangzhou consulate emailed to me has a mistake my fiance last name is not ZHANG, and I emailed last night to consulate, and requested they should issue us a visa as soon as possible, there is no reason to wait for our new K-1 to get to Guangzhou from NVC their mistake cause our visa to be denied. I am waiting for their responed.

What's my next step?

Thanks!

Thank you for your message regarding the case status.

Please be advised that this case has been returned to USCIS, where the

petition was filed, on December 11, 2008 for possible revocation. We

have mailed Ms. Zhang a notice with this information along with steps

she may take to appeal this decision. We suggest you to contact the

USCIS directly if you have any questions about the case.

Sincerely,

I'm confused, there is not enough information here to help. Did you get a blue or white slip at interview? Is this note from GZ an email to you? If it is simply a name mispelled it may require another name check. If you haven't had your interview yet it is probably a mistaken identity and they mailed the wrong person.

I'm confused, there is not enough information here to help. Did you get a blue or white slip at interview? Is this note from GZ an email to you? If it is simply a name mispelled it may require another name check. If you haven't had your interview yet it is probably a mistaken identity and they mailed the wrong person.

Hi,

We were denied in our first K-1 white slip, I petition a new K-1 and asked Consulate what happened to my old k-1, which i want to appeal.

They responded with above email, with wong last name.

Our new k-1 sent by NVC to Guangzhou 1-26-2009.

Edited by roberth19 (see edit history)

Hi,

We were denied in our first K-1 white slip, I petition a new K-1 and asked Consulate what happened to my old k-1, which i want to appeal.

They responded with above email, with wong last name.

Our new k-1 sent by NVC to Guangzhou 1-26-2009.

Sounds to me like they got case numbers crossed up with someone else.

Sounds like a tired GUZ worker did not edit the name properly after doing the 'paste' feature into the reply section.

Sorry !!!

She has a white slip, does it have her legal name on it?

Just cause you got an email with the wrong name on it, it isn't justification (IMO) to repeal a NOID decision.

Moving forward, you've got a second K-1 moving along for her.

Why not just sit tight and wait for it to arrive in GUZ?

Be Good !