Chinese ladies.....Help me please!

I leave for China next week and want to take my wife a special gift, but all she tells me she wants is me. Which is a very good answer but because of our different cultures i am not exactly sure what would be considered a special gift. Can you help me here, she does not read any of this and i want to surprise her with a small but special gift!

Thank you!

Patrick

Guest Bluebird

Patrick, I do think your coming is the most special gift to your wife. Imaging the beloved one suddenly shows up before her, what will other gifts be better than that? If you had not mentioned your planned trip to your wife, I definitely would suggest you to flight there directly instead of telling her ahead. But well, it seems it is too late now. :)

On the other hand, you may consider bringing her some good brand cosmetics, such as Shiseido, Christian Dior, Estee Lauder and the like. Comparing the prices here to the same thing in China, I would say that it would be better to purchase some of them in USA.

At last, have a nice trip in China and enjoy the sweetest time there.

:)

Bluebird is right. I am going back to the states over Christmas and my wife has given me a shopping list of purfume and cosmetics to pick up for her, so you're safe with these gifts.

A funny story for you. Before my first trip to China I spent the day at the mall looking for presents for my inlaws and wife, but lo and behold everything I looked at getting them was made in China :P

The only other thing you may want to pick up would be something local to your area. I broght some OSU tee shirts back with me last time.

-Tim

In term of price difference I found it astonishing how expensive diamond can be in China. I took with me a diamond engagement ring and was really tempted to sell it for a profit. Bought it for 4K and could sell it in Chinese yuan easily for equivalent of 7K. What do ya ladies think? I was even tempted to open up a store there! Most of the stuff there were Russian "water" diamonds and of questionable quality.

Patrick,,,,,all she wants is you!!!! Believe her.

I took my wife shopping for her birthday present a few weeks ago but she said she wanted to buy something for her best friend instead. We bought a watch for the best friends husband. It goes like this. The friend is very happy that the husband is happy, my wife is happy because the best friend is happy and I am happy because all are happy. One gift goes a long way. But my wife tell me that that is the way it usually is. The husband usually gets a gift and is happy which makes the wife happy. Makes sense to me!

Just checked with the expert in the house. Cosmetics is a good choice. A diamond is good and the old standby, money. For the parents, a nice chocolate from the duty free store. Of course, if anyone smokes, American cigs are good. I think it is always a good idea to carry a couple of packs for the doorman or whoever else you want to befriend.

Have fun.