Hello from a newcomer

Guest Bluebird

Guest Bluebird

I accidentally found this site in an occasional day and had been a quite visitor for a while. People here seem nice, friendly, and all topics are discussed under a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere.

This is not all. The most important reason I like here is that even people are from various background, the culture and language difference doesn¡¯t enlarge each other¡¯s distance, in contrast it speeds up tolerance and understanding.

Meanwhile, allow me do some self-introduction about myself. I¡¯m from China and have been the US for 4 years. My husband is an American and we fall in love in China.

Time goes by fast, looking back to those long and patient waiting, sometimes I hardly believe I have been here for so long. The marriage is going quite smooth between us, even there is a little argument happened, most time we can get over it.

Again, just wanna say ¡°hi¡± to everyone here and best wishes to all.

;) :D :P

Guest Bluebird

it's so nice to see the replies from both of you, and your fiancees all look very sweat, are they still in China?

anyway, as long as you finished going through all of those troubles, you will find out how worthful they are. :P

Hi Bluebird,

Welcome to the site! You are right; this is a very positive site with people from all walks of life willing to share their opinions and knowledge about life experience in both countries. I (from Shanghai) myself was drawn into this for the unexpected delay of my little girl's immigration visa. I can claim myself as one of the oldtimers -- together we finally get GZ & DOS act on the issuance of the visas finally.

Although I did not come as a fiancee, I did married a German-American 11 years ago when I was attending the graduate school here. He turned out to be the most wonderful husband I could ever dreamed of and with my daughter here now, he is also the best step-father she can ever find. Coming from 2 totally different cultures, there are inevitable conflicts and different interests. But they can be overcome by understanding and comprises. Only time is the rea test for any relationship.

Hope to see more posts from you. I have not been too active lately due to the crazy 2004 budgeting time!

Guest Bluebird

Hello, Charlotte. I¡¯m really happy for your outstanding marriage, as well as hearing you are also from China. Since there are so many great people here like to share their diverse view about life, I very much believe some opinions might be helpful to my personal life.