ACS and ACH

flowers

Hello All,

Tom mention about both ACS and ACH, are they the same?

Joe

American Citizen Service is on the right side of the consulate as you walk in, with a separate security gate from the visa windows (although they can comingle in front of the restrooms)

American Citizen Hour is the time on Monday afternoons when American citizens are invited to ask questions about their applications.

This is the ACH link - no appointment is needed

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/citizen.html

ok... appointment link appears necessary only for:

- adding pages to your passport

- renewing your passport

- applying for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and first U.S. passport for your child or returning to submit additional documents the Consulate has requested for a pending CRBA application

- notarial services

- marriageability affidavits

• 4 weeks later...

- renewing your passport

- applying for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and first U.S. passport for your child or returning to submit additional documents the Consulate has requested for a pending CRBA application

- notarial services

Hi All,

ACS = American Citizen Service

Here I had my I-134 notarized. I could have had it notarized in the US but I figured that if I had it notarized at Guangzhou that it would be scanned.

And it probably was and they never asked Ling for the I-134 and supporting documents..IRS returns, etc.

Also I had and updated EOR notarized , but I called it an Evolution of Martial Relationship update.

Also...They told me that they would make note that I was in Guangzhou and supporting my wife,,also same for ACH

ACH = American Citizen Hour

This is every monday where a citizen with an up coming case can go ask questions of a VO and also lets them know that you are there supporting your spouse.

Also, if your spouse has issues with interview in English and they want it in Chinese,,by all means let them know that your spouse wants the interview in Chinese....The VO said that he defiantly knew that Ling wanted the interview in Chinese....

Tom and Ling

- renewing your passport

- notarial services

Hi All,

Here I had my I-134 notarized. I could have had it notarized in the US but I figured that if I had it notarized at Guangzhou that it would be scanned.

And it probably was and they never asked Ling for the I-134 and supporting documents..IRS returns, etc.

Also I had and updated EOR notarized , but I called it an Evolution of Martial Relationship update.

Also...They told me that they would make note that I was in Guangzhou and supporting my wife,,also same for ACH

This is every monday where a citizen with an up coming case can go ask questions of a VO and also lets them know that you are there supporting your spouse.

Also, if your spouse has issues with interview in English and they want it in Chinese,,by all means let them know that your spouse wants the interview in Chinese....The VO said that he defiantly knew that Ling wanted the interview in Chinese....

Tom and Ling

Hi,

the American Citizen Hour,(ACH).you do not need an appointment?

Will i definetly get a chance to speak to a "VO"

They are able to talk to everyone in an hour?

thanks

Jimi

- renewing your passport

- notarial services

Hi All,

Tom and Ling

Hi,

the American Citizen Hour,(ACH).you do not need an appointment?

Will i definetly get a chance to speak to a "VO"

They are able to talk to everyone in an hour?

thanks

Jimi

Hi Jimi,

When I went to ACH, at the appointed time,,I was handed a sheet requesting information about my spouse's up coming case, as in her

GUZ number, name, etc.

The sheet also asked what questions I wanted to ask.

So, I don't know what they would have said if they were stupid questions.....

The questions I asked were:

1) Will they medical staff accept the computer generated DS-156

To this question..The VO asked why didn't she just fill out the DS-156 that was sent with the P-4??

...So..another question that could be asked is: Do DS-156 forms have to be filled out both in Chinese and English??

2) Would I need to fill out I-134's for both the Boys??

The VO said...I would.

3) I can not remember what other question I asked.....

However, the VO (a young African-American woman did say that she would note that I was there to support my wife and also I made it "perfectly" clear that my wife was nervous and wanted the interview in Chinese and it was given in Chinese.

Do you need an appointment.......NO

Can they do it in an hour.......probably not, but they do not cut it off after one hour...all people that appeared eventually saw a VO.

You will talk to a VO, but the VO will not necessarily be the one that interviews your spouse.

Some people seem to be getting confused.......

ACH = American Citizen Hour....Halt only on Mondays at about 2:00pm

ACS = American Citizen Service....halt everyday and by appointment, but I am not totally sure about the appointment part. You are serviced allot faster with an appointment, but I saw other people there without appointments and they were eventually seen.

An American Citizen Service: is for:

- renewing your passport

- notarial services

Tom and Ling

• 7 months later...

If I go to the ACS, could they do a quick scan through my papers and make sure that we have everything we need and all the papers that need to be notarized are so. Her interview isn't intill thur and I will be there on sunday so if I could go on monday it leaves us plenty of time to still get other papers filled out if needed.

Edited by Cedarreefer (see edit history)

By all means, yes go to the ACH, let them review what you have. If you have followed the CFL Kitchen Sink guidelines you shouldn't have a problem, the VO will not tell you that your missing items from your packet. He/She may even saying everything looks OK.

• 2 months later...

I've read an awful lot on this site that suggests that it is useful to attend. Why don't you read through some of the Interview Results? Browsing through that forum can give you some insight to the usefulness of attending the hour-long Q/A for American citizens. Aside from having the opportunity to ask questions, it's an opportunity for the VO who questions you, to document that you came on your beneficiary's behalf.

I've also read that it is useful to have something notarized before your beneficiary's interview (ie EOR Letter). Although I cannot give you the specific links off-hand, I have read accounts of petitioner's getting questioned during the notarizing process. This seemed to go in the petitioner's and beneficiary's favor.

I'll edit this post after I find some links of accounts for both of the above things I mentioned above.

Info about ACH

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

I've read an awful lot on this site that suggests that it is useful to attend. Why don't you read through some of the Interview Results? Browsing through that forum can give you some insight to the usefulness of attending the hour-long Q/A for American citizens. Aside from having the opportunity to ask questions, it's an opportunity for the VO who questions you, to document that you came on your beneficiary's behalf.

I've also read that it is useful to have something notarized before your beneficiary's interview (ie EOR Letter). Although I cannot give you the specific links off-hand, I have read accounts of petitioner's getting questioned during the notarizing process. This seemed to go in the petitioner's and beneficiary's favor.

I'll edit this post after I find some links of accounts for both of the above things I mentioned above.

I was under the assumption that notarizations can only be done through appointment via ACS not during ACH. Or did I misunderstand what you wrote. On the topic, is notarizing the EOR letter necessary or just the kitchen sink? Thanks for help in advance everyone.

Nope, you're right. After getting your interview date, you can schedule a time to notarize documents (ACS) before then. ACH and ACS are two completely different things. You do not need an appointment to visit ACH, but you do need one for ACS.

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

Is ACH (Petitioner Hour) Mondays at 2 o'clock or 3 o'clock. Seem to find conflicting information on GUZs website. From the info I've read on CFL it should be 3 o'clock, but I just want to make sure it hasn't changed recently. Or is it split one for immigrant visas and one for non-immigrant visas?

First Link says 2 o'clock (Question #5)

U.S. Citizen petitioners who would like general information on the Immigrant Visa process in Guangzhou may attend an information session hosted by Consular Officers on Mondays at 2:00pm. The purpose of these sessions is to address frequently asked questions and provide you with a better understanding of the process.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_faqs.htm#5

Second Link says 3 o'clock

American Citizen Hour

American citizens are not permitted to accompany NIV applicants (friends, relatives, employees, etc.) to their interview. Instead, if they have general non-immigrant visa questions, they are encouraged to speak to an officer during American citizen hour, which is held each Monday afternoon from 3:00 - 4:00 PM in the NIV waiting room. Please note that specific case information cannot be shared nor can a case be pre-adjudicated.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/citizen.html