delay at the consulate

Hello everyone,

well, it's been a month and he still hasn't gotten his visa, nor any word about it.

He faxed them 2 weeks ago and they said, "you just have to wait-- and it's natural to wait a long time and -- you might get a visa and you might not get a visa". great. that was really helpful.

He faxed them again last week. The same woman called him "i will check on it and call you back" he felt she finally realized it's a little long for a visa to not be processed and sent to the beneficiary.

Still no call. No word.

Still no idea.

Hi, we went CR-1 route :)

filed April 2007 (so it's actually not been soo soo long)...if he'd gotten his visa back in July at time of interview...it would have been as quick as the fiance(e) visas

Now it's about 1-1/2 years...

But still, being in the uknown is like a black hole.... I can really sympathize with those years ago who were in the "black hole" issue.

it's really hard when you can't get an answer and something is taking way too long--

:o

Just curious. I read back through your other thread and didn't find the answer. Were you K-3, CR-1 or DCF?

Yes, maybe you're right!

they still (at least as of now) do have his passport... but I'm hoping there's not some process going on that will now involve shifting from stamping his passport-- to issuing some other blue (or worse yet white) paper.

hope it's just a random, freak delay and benign.

thanks for the continued support! :o

wow :) so crazy and sad.

I really dont know what to say except they kept his passport so must still be hope.

hang in there.

warpedbored,

that's reassuring, although the pink slip they get when they're told to wait 2-3 days for it at the post office does state that they still can have a visa denied. ?

I hope you are right :lol:

There is one form we forgot to submit that they said to include to make things faster: the one where it asked for the pinyin name and then the "code" (some number code)? for that name in chinese...

we just blanked out and forgot to include it-- not a big deal but now that you say that (I think that was the last packet we submitted) I wonder if that's it. ?

Oh, keeping fingers crossed! Thanks!

If it were an outright denial they would have asked him to pick up his passport and given the don't call us we'll call you routine. My guess is it is held up in a name check of come kind.

But,

didn't name check already get done before the interview??

I thought it was already done for some reason...

Is this the point they do name checks? once they get the passport in hand and give them the pink slip and get ready to stamp the visa?

thx :lol:

If it were an outright denial they would have asked him to pick up his passport and given the don't call us we'll call you routine. My guess is it is held up in a name check of come kind.

The name check should be done before the interview but it is also possible that something came up they want to check out before issuing the visa. In the past there have been a few people who went to pick up their visa only to be given back their passports and a blue or white slip instead. The fact that this hasn't happened indicates they are still making up their mind. This is all specultation on my part since I don't have a clue about the inner workings of the consulate. I can only speculate on what I have seen in the past and one of those things I have seen is they are ever changing in order to keep scammers off balance.

That's a good point.

He got a call from GUZ today--

the lady said, "don't worry about anything--everything will be just fine" (doesn't really mean anything)...she said she cannot tell him what they are doing exactly but she did say that "they just need to check you more".

And that was it.

So, it could be anything...

:surprise:

The name check should be done before the interview but it is also possible that something came up they want to check out before issuing the visa. In the past there have been a few people who went to pick up their visa only to be given back their passports and a blue or white slip instead. The fact that this hasn't happened indicates they are still making up their mind. This is all specultation on my part since I don't have a clue about the inner workings of the consulate. I can only speculate on what I have seen in the past and one of those things I have seen is they are ever changing in order to keep scammers off balance.