IV FEE and Packet 3 supplement

Yes, I am using a lawyer for my case and she does not have answer yet to these two questions. She is an immigrations Lawyer and is making all kinds of mistakes on my paperwork. I am at the end of it and only need to finish this last part with her and I am done.

First question is do I have to pay a Immigrate Visa for my step son who is 15 and won't be 16 until August. She says that he can ride on the one that she paid for my wife. Then she says yesterday she will have to check again to see if that is the case. She now thinks the cut off date is 14.I do not know and it is a holiday and I would love an answer as soon as I can get one.

I also have a form called the GIV Packet 3 Supplement. It ask for my case number, Visa Category, Name of each applicant in Chinese characters, current mailing address in Chinese characters and date of marriage. Is this something that NVC now requires if so I can not figure out were it goes on the form and who signs it. Can this be something my wife can fill out and e-mail it to me. Or does it need mailed because of the signature requirement. Or is it a form they will send to her over there.

I am confused and upsetr because until I get this solved I can not send in the last of the paperwork

Yes, I am using a lawyer for my case and she does not have answer yet to these two questions. She is an immigrations Lawyer and is making all kinds of mistakes on my paperwork. I am at the end of it and only need to finish this last part with her and I am done.

First question is do I have to pay a Immigrate Visa for my step son who is 15 and won't be 16 until August. She says that he can ride on the one that she paid for my wife. Then she says yesterday she will have to check again to see if that is the case. She now thinks the cut off date is 14.I do not know and it is a holiday and I would love an answer as soon as I can get one.

I also have a form called the GIV Packet 3 Supplement. It ask for my case number, Visa Category, Name of each applicant in Chinese characters, current mailing address in Chinese characters and date of marriage. Is this something that NVC now requires if so I can not figure out were it goes on the form and who signs it. Can this be something my wife can fill out and e-mail it to me. Or does it need mailed because of the signature requirement. Or is it a form they will send to her over there.

I am confused and upsetr because until I get this solved I can not send in the last of the paperwork

Hi Phillip2,

What are you applying for CR1 or K3/K4??

You said you were married, and if you are filing just a CR1 than the boy should have had an I-130 filed for him to.

Anybody that knows better..Chime in Now.... ;)

Phillip2...I AM married and going the K3/K4 route...My wife has twin boys.

My step-sons can come with my wife,,but if I were going the CR1 route all three would have to have an I-130 filed for each.

Are you working with NVC??

It is hard to answer your questions without knowing what you are applying for??

Tom and Ling

assuming you are applying for cr-1 and cr-2 visas then yes your son will require a separate visa fee.

CR1 sorry team what about the form I inquired about anybody know anything?

Hi Phillip2,

Just like dale7570 said....If you filed an I-130 for your wife and an I-130 for your step-son than you will have to pay the fee for your wife and the fee for your son.

I am assuming that you filed 2 I-130's with the USCIS..Correct??

As far as the GIV, I would assume that it is the (well maybe I should not assume anything)...Which GIV is it???

And if you have time, than I would send the GIV to your wife because Chinese Characters are hard to do for an American...so maybe you should FedEx or DHL the forms to her and let her fill them out.

Tom and Ling

If you pursue the I-130 for CR2, then you'll pay the immigrant fee to NVC when doing the paper shuffle.

If you pursue the I-129F for K3/K4, then you'll pay the non-immigrant fee after you receive the P4.

-----

The P3 supplement was stopped a few years ago by the consulate... but it seems that NVC is still sending it out... GUZ don't want it any more.

maybe they are trying to streamline the process :rolleyes:

If you pursue the I-130 for CR2, then you'll pay the immigrant fee to NVC when doing the paper shuffle.

If you pursue the I-129F for K3/K4, then you'll pay the non-immigrant fee after you receive the P4.

-----

The P3 supplement was stopped a few years ago by the consulate... but it seems that NVC is still sending it out... GUZ don't want it any more.

So, you are saying I do not have to worry about sending in the OF 169 or the same as Packet 3 Supplemental Information sheet? I may be anil but I do not want an RFE and I want to be done at NVC.

Thanks for all replies to my question. I am just wanting to finish NVC before Christmas.

-----

So, you are saying I do not have to worry about sending in the OF 169 or the same as Packet 3 Supplemental Information sheet? I may be anil but I do not want an RFE and I want to be done at NVC.

Thanks for all replies to my question. I am just wanting to finish NVC before Christmas.

Hi Phillip2,

If you are concerned about NCV and have questions,,just call them since they are quite responsive or at least they were to me.

And I got letters from them both for my I-129F and I-130.

So..if you have concerns..call them.

Operator Assistance

Telephone operators are available to respond to more in-depth inquiries.

Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (EST)

Tel: (603 334-0700).

Note: This service requires the use of a touch-tone telephone.

Tom and Ling

My lawyer only paid the 400.00 once for one IV Fee. How do I get a new number to pay for my son

Hi Phillip,

I assume (which I should not) that Since you filed an I-130 for your wife and an I-130 for your step-son you designated your lawyer as the person receiving the paper work from NCV,,so your lawyer should have the bill or paper work for your step-son,,or our lawyer should have the number to pay for your son.

Tom and Ling

You are correct I had a lawyer do the paperwork as you stated. She only got a bill for the 400.00 for the IV fee and paid it. My son is 14 years old. Does he get to come here on my wifes visa? I do not know and I am here trying to make sure there is no mistakes by me or her. I am working out of state and do not have access to call NVC.

You are correct I had a lawyer do the paperwork as you stated. She only got a bill for the 400.00 for the IV fee and paid it. My son is 14 years old. Does he get to come here on my wifes visa? I do not know and I am here trying to make sure there is no mistakes by me or her. I am working out of state and do not have access to call NVC.

Hi Phillip2

Ok...I have gone through Direct Consular Filing with my second wife who is now my EX. She came with her self and two children. When I filed for her I had to file 3 I-130's and had to pay three Visa fees,,that was in 2000.

Now as I understand it in 2008 (when it is not DCF) NVC handles everything and if one is going for CR1 and CR2 each person has to have an I-130 filed for them and a Visa fee is paid for each of the I-130.

The I-130 for the CR2 can not come on his mother's Visa. The step son would come to the US on his own visa.

Your lawyer should have filed two I-130's for your wife and for your step-son,,which should have been the 355.00 for each of the I-130's.

Than the NVC would have sent two bills or two in one bill for the Immigrate visa Fee so there would have been a fee for 2 times $400.00,,so if your Lawyer is your agent than your lawyer should have the bill or your Lawyer needs to contact NCV and request the bill for your step-son.

I am almost positive that your step-son can not come on your wife's CR1 Visa...Why??...because if children can come on the wife's CR1 visa ...I would have let my wife go with her I-130 and my two sons would have come on my wife's visa...but they can not ...so that is why I decided to go with the K3/K4 Visa.

So bottom line...your lawyer has the bill or can call NVC and request the bill for your step-son.

But no...your son can not come on your wife's CR1 visa.

My step-sons just turned 13 years old.

Tom and Ling

-----

maybe they are trying to streamline the process :P

I'm confused... I don't recall NVC sending the OF-169 as part of the I-130 processing; I know that K-# get this at P3.

P3 for I-130 is usually the I-864 and DS-230...

I only mentioned the "P3 supplement".. not the OF-169.

I'd prefer another CR1 chime in on getting the OF-169...

Thanks that is valuable information because I think she screwed up. I will review the paperwork when I get home. i think she only paid the 355.00 dollars once. But she has only paid 400.00 for the IV bill. I told her she needs to contact NVC and staighten it out.

I now may have a big problem because I also need to bring my step son with my wife here and I am now at NVC. I only hope she can straighten it out now.